Black Limba Fretless F/S only

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xhawk4, Mar 18, 2004.

1. My friend and I have created this beautiful bass. This body of this bass is made of Black Limba also called Black Korina with a core of Mahogany and Wenge trim. The plate that surrounds the EMG Select pickups and the cover plate for the rear control panel are made of Peruvian Walnut.

The neck is laminated Wenge, Mahogany and Black Limba. The body and neck have a hand rubbed Tung oil and Qualasole then paste wax finish. This is a soft hand rubbed finish and it does have some little dents in it because the wood is so soft.

The back of the neck is very smooth and your thumb will not stick to it as can happen with some finishes. The fingerboard is Wenge and has been sealed then lemon oiled. I have put mother of pearl dots as guides for the "fret" positions on the fingerboard and on the side of the neck. I installed a dual action allen adjustable truss rod accessible from the tuning peg end.

It has a seperate volume and tone control. I have put new round wound strings on itbut intend to install Fender black Tapewounds upon selling it. The bridge is adjustable with a philips for intonation and an allen wrench for string height.
    The tuners have smooth action. The jack is in the side on the bottom.

It is a wonderful playing bass weighing around 8 or 9 lbs. I enjoy building them and want to keep doing it. In order to keep building I have to sell them. If you want to give fretless a try and don't want one of the factory stamped out plain models and can't justify spending $2,000 on a botique bass this might be the bass for you. The bass does not come with a case but will be very well packed. $500.00 :D (I think it's worth it just for the wood!)

PS…. I’m have a new set of Seymour Duncan SPB-2 hot for p-bass. These have just been rewound for a whopping 18.4k. :hyper: This was done to prevent the need of a boosting preamp.
    Also, I was intending to install a black Bad Ass II bridge. It being a fretless and all, I wanted the best in there for proper intonation. The cavity can easily be reshielded in black conductive shielding paint,(if you like). Any extra work is extra $$$.

Thanks for looking,
    Hawk :bassist:
    NO pm's.
    Email only or post a reply.
  2. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    did u get those pics of the KSD ?
  3. Yes I did. Very fine bass. Offer?
  4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Just wondering - you said you and a friend built this bass - is your friend's name Tom?
  5. Don't let Steve Wishnevski see that. He might get jealous (JK)

:D :D :D
  6. Bump. :hyper:
    Please make me an offer.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    interested in any trades? i have no bass gear, but i few other things easily worth what you are asking for your bass.