Black Metal?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by doobeye, Sep 4, 2010.

1. riotorgun

riotorgun

Apr 2, 2009
  2. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    The album Hades Rise is a great place to start with Aura Noir. 2008 release sound quality is pretty good. The vocals may take some getting used to. Very raw and punk influenced which resulted in a lot of my "true black metal" friends not dig them. However after a couple listens through I fell in love with the album. Riffs are pretty simple yet straightforward and crushing, and all songs have a very good groove to them. They were at MDF 2 years ago and will be here next year.

If you ever get the chance to make it to MDF, do not pass on it! I was in a band with one of the founders. They have managed to pull together a great festival that let's lots of European bands play in the US. My favorite fest I've ever been to.

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    'Same here.

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative..."

http://www.pandora.com/restricted

There are ways of using proxy servers to make it appear that one's IP is in the United States as Pandora requires.

Unfortunately, free IP masking services tend to be slow & unreliable (the one I just tried was), and they also route one's Internet connect through a hodge-podge of potentially dodgy servers. :eek:

Only the paid forms of this type of service seem to offer any assurances of performance and security.

However there are legally free sources of music like Belgium-based Jamendo (Jamendo Wiki) which supports eight languages (so far) and offers a wide variety of largely unsigned artists whose work ranges from being breathtakingly good to um.., 'earnest'.

Various Jamendo Media Players, Downloader, and Upload applications.

Ubuntu users can find Jamendo (and other music sources) in Applications-->Sound & Video-->Rhythmbox Music Player.

4. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Dimmu Borgir was the only band in the genre that I liked. Now they seem like metal-opera-goth?

I don't know.

I like At The Gates, Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Converge and Dilinger Escape Plan. I don't know what genres they are - they're all metal to me.

5. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I used to love Black Metal. Dimmu was definitely my fave band. Loved the old stuff as much as the new stuff.

Currently they are Symphonic Black Metal...or at least thats what i like to call them.

Check out Hybrid Stigmata - The Apostasy off of their PEM album...some solid bass playing in that song!

6. I like early Darkthrone, especially 'Under a Funeral Moon' and 'Transilvanian Hunger'

7. I don't even touch shady IP masking services.

Neat. Will check it out! Actually, for good free music listening, I ♥ Grooveshark :)

8. Dragged Into Sunlight and Wodensthrone are two fairly new rather good UK black metal acts, both of whom are very good live. DIS have a Matamp endorsement and tonez to die for.

Black Metal snobs amuse me greatly.

9. Mr wiggl3s

Mr wiggl3s Inactive

Feb 27, 2009
    Bismarck
    I'll listen to black metal once in a while, not something i regularly listen to though

10. dark funeral and krypt (i am god is one of my fave songs)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021