Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

black? or white ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Jan 14, 2006.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I am considering ordering a spare F bass bn5 , and i may spring for block inlays... what do you guys think would be hotter?
    black ceruse with black blocks....( you have to imagine the blocks )
    [​IMG]
    or trans white with white blocks?
    [​IMG]
    or no blocks at all, they're expensive!

2. Black all the way man!

3. AFlyOnGeddysWal

AFlyOnGeddysWal

Sep 27, 2004
    Orygun
    I like the white 'marbleized' finish, MOP inlays? It looks good without there.

4. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I like both the black and white bodies. I don't like either black or white block inlays on either bass. In my opinion, the only good looking block inlays are white on rosewood (or ebony) with a black body and matching headstock. That is sharp.

5. white... all Larry Graham and what not.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  7. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hmmm... the white is a bit too much white for me... kinda sterile looking. I'd rather see black pickup covers on it to match the knobs and add a bit of contrast. I'm not really diggin on that black either... that white grain thing is too much for me. A trans black (though sometimes those come out kinda purple) or plain ol' black would be cooler IMO... but hey, that's just me.

Definitely not the black inlays on either... MOP might be cool though.

With that said, I'd certainly take either one if someone wanted to give them to me :)
    ---
    Chris

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Black all the way, Adrian. George's black ceruse finish with black inlays would look killer, IMHO.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Black ceruse. Clean board!

10. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Adrian, I would go for neither of those options if given a choice, to be honest. On a black body with a maple fretboard though, I love mop inlays. I think thats got to be one of the hottest looks ever.
    But then again, the warmoth jazz bass you made with the trans black finish and black blocks looked super sick to me. I mean if that bass looked that hot, I'd be tempted to go for the black inlays.

11. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    Black / White, Can't we all just get along?:bassist: How about one of each?:D But Seriously I like both of them.....

12. the black ceruce with black blocks would look killer

13. ganga

ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    Go for the black one. It would look great with blocks, but it could do without blocks too. :)

14. The white one would just ooze the funk. Not that it doesn't already, but the blocks would seal the deal.

15. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Ceruse, no blocks.

16. I'd take the white one, without fingerboard inlays, without hesitation.

17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    That white one makes me feel squishy inside, like when I see a nekid girl.

The black one, nah....

18. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Black with a clean board would be my option, but if you must have blocks then again it should be with the black bass. I don't think it would have much impact on the white one unless you put black blocks on it and I think it may not look as good on that bass.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i like the black one.