Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndyBell, May 23, 2002.

1. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    does ANYONE know what bass the bassist, robert turner from the black rebel motorcycle club, uses

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If I recall I thought he was playing a Gibson EB-2 in the video I saw?

3. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    awww you hero. thanks. im kinda new to all this bass stuff. im naturally a guitarist but it's going well on bass. most say better. similar to andy bell of oasis, hence the name. thanks anyway!

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Well - I'm only 50% sure on that. :)

5. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    yeah, i dont think it is now looking into it. the one he used looks more, hmmm, it looks bigger in the body. like epiphones are.

6. just read an article on them in Guitarist Magazine-
    it's an Epiphone Rivoli.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Ooh, I was so close! :)

8. Isn't the Epiphone Rivoli and the Gibson EB2 more or less identical, the only diffences being pick ups, hardware and electronics (I'm talking about the old ones now, not the new Epiphones that aren't made in USA)? That's what I remember reading in an old issue of Bassist (or Guitarist) a few years ago, and, looks wise, there is no difference apart from the headstock, and perhaps the shape of the pickguard and the styling of the control knobs. The bodies, at least, seems to be cloned, so to speak. I also remember that the said article claimed that the Epiphone was the most expensive of the two, back in the sixties, at least in Britain.

9. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Rebel? As in Honda Rebel? hehehe, what a girls bike!