1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Black Sabbath classics

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I've looked but been displeased with the tabs for

-Paranoid
    -Iron Man
    -War Pigs

Anyone got any good ones?

2. black sabbath riff by riff has all the songs your lookin for. its sheet music and tab. the book is from hal leonard and sells for about $15.00. it has all their stuff up untill mob rules. hope this helps.

comatosedragon likes this.
  3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Here's Iron man and paranoid main riffs:

Paranoid:

|-------------------------------------------------------------|
    |----------------------------------------------------5------5-|
    |-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5---5-7---|
    |-------------------------------------------------------------|

Iron Man

|-------------------------------|
    |-----------5-4-5-4-5-4---------|
    |---5-5-7-7-------------5-5-7-7-|
    |-7-----------------------------|

War pigs is considerably more intricate, and I don't feel like doing it. But I learned it from ultimate-guitar, maybe try there?

And there's no rhythm in these tabs.

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If you know the Blues Scale, then you should be able to figure out any Sabbath bassline by ear.

5. Here is a version of War Pigs, I didn't work it out but it seems pretty close.

intro-in 12/8 time
    1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2------------------------------------------------------------7/9--7--5-----------
    3---7----7---5------5h7-5---5-5h7--5------5---5--5---5---5-------------7--5------
    4---------------7---------7------------------------7---7---------------------7---

1----------------------------------7h9-9-9--9--------------------------------------
    2-----------------5b---------5-7-9-----------------------------------7b-5----------
    3--7----7--7--5-------7---7--------------------5--5---5---5--5---5--------7--5-----
    4---------------7---------------------------------------7---7-----------------7--

1----------------------------------7h9-9-9-9-9--------------------------------------
    2-----------------5b---------5-7-9-------------------------------------7b--5--------
    3--7---7--7--5-------7---7----------------------5----5--5---5---5----5-------7--5---
    4---------------7-----------------------------------------7---7-------------------7-

1----------------------------------7-7-7-7-7-7-7------------------7-9-------7-5
    2------------------------------5h7--------------------------5-7-9--------------7-5b
    3--7--7--7--7--7--7--7p5-5--5---------------------7---7--7------------5--5-5-------7
    4-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

verse
    1--------
    2--------
    3--5--7--
    4--------
    chorus-repeat
    1------------------------9-7------------------------------------------
    2----------------------9-----9-7---5-----------------------------5b---
    3--5--7/---10-9-8--8-7----------------5--7----10-9-8--8---7-5h7-------
    4----------------------------------------------------------------------

fast part-repeat 2wice
    1----------------------------------------------------------
    2------------------------5----6-7-8----------------5-------
    3--7-7-0-0-7-X-7-7-7-5h7----7-------7-7-7-X-7--5h7---------
    4----------------------------------------------------------

repeat 4 times
    1--------------------------------
    2-------------------------5~~~---
    3--7-7-7-7-7--X-7-7-7-5h7--------
    4--------------------------------

1------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2---------------------5b---6-7-8-------------5b----------------------5b--
    3-7------7--X-7-7-5h7-----7------7-X-7-7-5h7-----7-X-----7-X-7-7-5h7-----
    4--5-6-7---------------------------------------------6-6-----------------

1---------------------------------
    2----6-7/8/7-----------------5b--- 3--7---------7--X-7-7--7-5h7------
    4---------------------------------

third verse-repeat 4 times
    1------9-9----------------------
    2-------------------------5~~~~-
    3--7-7-----7-X-7-7--7-5h7-------
    4-------------------------------

guitar solo
    1------9-9-----9-9---9----9----------9-----9-9---9---9---9---9-----9-9-7-7
    3--7-7-----7-7-----7---7----7--7--7----7-7-----7---7---7---7---7-7---------
    4--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it helps!

6. Rat

Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    Faries wear boots!! if a fun song to play on bass

7. Sweet. Thanks.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The NIB and Sweat Leaf tabs in the tab archive on this site look pretty close (the NIB tab looks closer than S.L.) but I just took a quick glance, make sure to use your ears - internet tabs will be wrong in places.

9. biohazzard- thank you for above post. ive been lookin for turn up the night from mob rules. iommi had it. thanks again.

10. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Look up Into the Void and Lord of this World, they're real fun to play.

Try Solitude also if you want something more technical and laid back.

They're all from the album Masters of Reality.

11. Using TAB to learnand/or play Sabbath bass lines?:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

That is truly THE most bizarre concept I have ever heard.:rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

12. Why?

Humour me. I'm very new to Bass (xmas present) :)

13. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    The basslines in most Sabbath songs are pretty easy to pick up. I'd say with pretty much any song it's better to try to work out the song on your own, which will really help develop your ear, than to use a tab.

14. Precisely.;) ;)

15. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Righto, only beginners often dont play exactly the right notes or right passages the right way, thinking its correct, and only find out later on they're not playing the song right.

Dont diss tabs because they're a great tool, but consider it a tool and a tool only, its not an end in itself. Developping hearing by finding songs on your own is fine, but using tabs, even for easy songs, is a great way to check just how correct what you found is.

16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Flatwoundfender and bassicinstinct, you guys need to read the forum rules on non-helpful posts. Posts like that are very annoying.

17. D.E.C.

D.E.C.

Mar 20, 2006
    I agree with FWF. Tabs are never exact (sometimes not even close). If you're a new player, they will help you get a feel for the songs, but developing your ear is the most important thing you can do. Just listen to the songs repeatedly and get them engrained in your skull. (The old recordings are somewhat muddy and the bass lines aren't the easiest to decipher.) Keep messing around with them, and little by little you'll start to figure the riffs out. That's how I learned them. My band plays all these tunes, and they get the best reception of all our stuff. Geezer is an icon, so do him justice! It's not just playing the notes, it's HOW you play them.

18. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Yes but if your new it must be hard to know how to make those sounds. So if you try tabs a few times first and get to know how to make different sounds itll be easier after.