1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Black Sabbath Vs Led Zeppelin, your preference?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Black Sabbath

75 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Led Zeppelin

128 vote(s)
    58.2%
  3. Hard Rockin Carrots who sold their souls in Kashmir

17 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

I thought it would be fun to square these 2 great bands off against each other and see what your preference would be. Between these 2 bands I'm going to have to go with Led Zeppelin. To my ears, the musicianship and lyrical depth of Led Zep is more to my preference.

2. Pokerdweebz

Pokerdweebz

Oct 26, 2012
    Lititz, PA
    Zeppelin on all fronts. (IMO obviously)

3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    Both.

4. zfunkman

zfunkman

Dec 18, 2012
    Love Sabbath but I will say Zeppelin by a longshot in every way!

5. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
  6. Black Zeppelin
    Led Sabbath

No way I could decide between them, though I will say that John Paul Jones and John Bonham are my favourite musicians out of all of the members of both bands. Or any other bands, for that matter. :D

7. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Sabbath all the way. No contest IMO.

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I live Sabbath but it is also Zep for me by a long shot. They played such a variety of musical styles each album was different than the ones before. Whether the music was either simple or complex, they wrote and played it all with excellence

9. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Black Sabbath all the way, I found Zeppeling music so boring, rhythm section is the only thing I like, cant stand the vocals and guitar is meh.

10. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Man!!! For the record Major, this is NOT fun; it hurts my emotional balance.
    Since you asked though, I'd have to go w/LZ; if only by a slight margin. IMO, they're some more versatile and perhaps they have a slight edge on talent.

11. Sabbath. No contest.

12. Sabbath is more my style, but I love Zep too. It took me a long time to like Zeppelin, mostly because of Plant's voice... It gets to me after a while.

13. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I'd go with a quiet evening instead.

14. Zep for the win.

15. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Part of the problem is some terrible sounding Sabbath recordings while Zep still sounds good so many years later. Zep.

16. Tanner5382

Tanner5382 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Love both. Probably listen to Zeppelin more often. Sabbath definitely wins in the creativity /originality department though

17. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
    Not even close ... Led Zep all the way.

The 2 bands are not in the same league.

18. If I had to pick, I'd go Sabbath I guess. For me AC/DC over both by a long shot though.

19. woofmang

woofmang

Mar 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    John Paul Jones and John Bonham were one of the greatest rhythm sections ever, Jimmy Page was one of the best rock guitarists ever, and Robert Plant was one of the best rock vocalists ever. Zep FTW.

20. Just watched Celebration concert. Shows that, like a fine wine, Zep definately aged better than Sabbath. I will say that Iommi and Geezer remain solid, sorry that can't be said for Mr. Sharon Osbourne though:bag:

Marc