1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Black Sparkle w/ Red Tort or White w/ Red Tort

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Which looks better to you. I can't decide right now. I like the look of the White w/ Red tort because of Flea, but I like Black/tort because of Juan Alderete. Which looks like it could play mores styles (like I wouldn't look like an idiot playing that style with that bass)

Thanks

A
    r
    p
    e
    g
    g
    i

:bag:

2. Both are pretty generic colors. Now if you'd said fuchsia sparkle, then maybe.....nah.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I think white with red tort is a better combo, though I'm not a huge fan of tort to begin with. But I like it better on white than on black. Like this:

65MustangReissueBody.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You have a Flea Bass in Black Sparkle and are wondering what color pickguard?

Solid black is my recommendation, but white works well too. Just avoid the sparkle in case of a jazz gig.

5. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    What? Ohhhh....no because Flea's Jazz Bass is a Faded Shell Pink that looks like Olympic white with a red tort pickguard

6. 82Daion

82Daion

Nov 14, 2006
    White with tort is the ugliest color combo for a bass, in my opinion.

:bag:

That said, I love the look of black and tort, and that would be my choice.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So you're getting a new bass? What kind of bass?

8. white = anodized gold , or red tort, or solid black

black = mirrored, black abalone, white mother of pearl, solid black or solid white
    IMHO

9. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Lakland darryl jones skyline