Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

black string silks

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by andyhutch7, Sep 10, 2005.

1. andyhutch7

andyhutch7

Sep 10, 2005
    hi there, i would like some advice please. i recently bought a second hand fender jazz bass. the strings on it are the best i have ever used but i don't know what they are. they are round wound and have black silks. when i bought the guitar i am sure the guy said he used jazz slinkys but no one i know has ever heard of them

can anyone help?

2. the only sting i've used with black silks is fender strings. i can't remember what type it was but it was a nickelsteel.. and they were very good..

erney ball usually label their strings slinkys, never heard of any jazz slinkys though..

hope it helps

3. andyhutch7

andyhutch7

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks, i guess it is possible that they were the original fender strings. the bass is like new and can't have been used much. also a few freinds have mentioned that some nickel strings have black silk :hyper: s

4. B-flat?

B-flat?

May 16, 2004
    Portland, TX
    My Fender super bass 7250's have black silks, they are nickelplated steel roundwounds.

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

La Bella Hard Rockin' Steels also have black silks and they're great strings IMO.