1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Black TapeWound 6 string sets ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by godoze, Jan 25, 2005.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Does anyone make them ?

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    LaBella makes their tapewounds in a 6 string set.

What I would do, though, is get a 5 string set from Carvin, and then order single high Cs from Just Strings. I would order two sets from Carvin, and two high Cs at a time to save on shipping. I though having a spare set in case of breakage wasn't a bad idea, either...

3. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    The EADG strings sound great if a bit plastic sounding. High tension. Then La Bella added a floppy B that's barely bigger than the E and a floppy C that I could tune up to F!

It might work still. Just be warned. They don't match. That's why I gave up on them: The B and C were barely usable.

Tom H.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I never had any problems with a floppy B or a "barely usable" C string.

5. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    It was four or five years ago I think. Maybe they have improved them. I tried two different Bs and three Cs - all same problem. The E was 115 high tension and the B was 128 low tension IIRC. The C could indeed be tuned up to F and had to be tuned up to E flat to match tension. It was so floppy at C that it would not engage the piezos like the high tension EADG.

PS Can I choose the flavor of pie?