Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Black TapeWound 6 string sets ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by godoze, Jan 25, 2005.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Does anyone make them ?

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    LaBella makes their tapewounds in a 6 string set.

What I would do, though, is get a 5 string set from Carvin, and then order single high Cs from Just Strings. I would order two sets from Carvin, and two high Cs at a time to save on shipping. I though having a spare set in case of breakage wasn't a bad idea, either...

3. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    The EADG strings sound great if a bit plastic sounding. High tension. Then La Bella added a floppy B that's barely bigger than the E and a floppy C that I could tune up to F!

It might work still. Just be warned. They don't match. That's why I gave up on them: The B and C were barely usable.

Tom H.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I never had any problems with a floppy B or a "barely usable" C string.

5. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    It was four or five years ago I think. Maybe they have improved them. I tried two different Bs and three Cs - all same problem. The E was 115 high tension and the B was 128 low tension IIRC. The C could indeed be tuned up to F and had to be tuned up to E flat to match tension. It was so floppy at C that it would not engage the piezos like the high tension EADG.

PS Can I choose the flavor of pie?