Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Black "Y" style tuning machines that will fit my 11/16 holes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Alright i found some Black "Y" style tuning machines that will fit my 11/16 holes. They are hipshot Ultralites model HB6Y-1/2. The only thing is they are quite pricey. At this point i really need to curtail my bass gear spending.

So... anyone know where i can get cheaper ones. I checked ebay, stew mac, bestbassgear, bassresouce but with no luck.

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    hey thanks, but those are 9/16 and i need 11/16. looks like i have to pay $106 for the hs ultralites.

4. Gander

Gander

Jun 5, 2002
    Texas
    Warmoth sells the Schaller BML Light Bass Tuners that fit 11/16" drillings. A chrome set of 4 is around $50. I have a set on my MIJ Fender and they work fine.

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    yeah i checked those out. i am looking for the black "Y" style tuners. warmoth doesnt sell them. i bit the bullet and bought the expensive hs ul. :)

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    You're better off IMO. It might have been more expensive, but atleast you know they're top notch.