Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Everyone [but me] bought one before I even knew what they were! Are these the new iPod? It seems like everyone has one except for me!
  2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I prefer mulberries to blackberries.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No. They are PDA phones. I have one, and it is not even close to being an iPOD.

4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think he meant it in the sense of the "gotta-have-it" factor, or them being the new "It" piece of technology, as opposed to simply their functionality.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I see what you're saying. In that sense, I guess the BB's are approaching that status.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Friend of mine has one. Whenever he is using it, it looks like he is talking to a slice of toast. Compare that to the NGage, which makes you look like you're talking to a taco :)
  7. Yea, that's what I meant. :)
  8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i was seeing a doctor once, and he had one of those things. i asked him, "what's that?"

and he talked about it for 20 minutes. :rolleyes:

blackberries, the fruit, are pretty expensive! $2 for like...ten of'em! :eek:
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I gotta Treo 6(?) I think. The latest one. It replaced my Keyocera "Smartphone" which was falling apart.

The Keyocera had better pickup though. I could make calls in basements, elevators, around any type of electronics, I never dropped a call. The Treo doesn't do as well, but it's O.K.

I like the typing feature though.
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    you need the server to make the Blackberries really cool. I heard a rumour there was even a cert. in the works.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My grandma's old house had them growing on bushes... they were frikkin' amazing.

Who the hell names a piece of machinery after a less than popular fruit?
  12. This thread makes me mad :mad:

I was expecting a berry thread, and i got some crap about some POS technology. I love blackberries, and mullberries, and those fat hybrid blue berries.
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm with you on this one page. It's a very ****ty title for a product. I think the Blackberry people should sue (the ORIGINAL blackberry people)

Blackberry pie is the shiznite! This thread should be derailed into a worthy thread.

14. mmmm just like grandma used to make:

Attached Files:

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I agree about the server.

16. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    now I want a slice of blackberry cobbler. we have bushes ouot back so I can make one. woo hoo.
  17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:bassist: Then I demand you rock that. :bassist:
  18. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I use a Blackberry for work. It drives me nuts because I am reachable 24/7 and I'm getting tired of it. That's a not a Blackberry problem, but everytime I look at it I moan. Mine is a fairly big model. It replaced my Treo 180. Lost of nice features. It's tri-band which is a benefit when travelling in North America. Don't like the size of it. Not real pocketable with anything else. Might need a purse. :scowl:
  19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Didn't some mayor of some town a while ago have his Blackberry confiscated by the FBI or something when they were investigating him for coruption? IIRC that was over a year ago and it was the Must Have Techie Gadget back then. Are things not changing any faster than that?

20. Share? :)