Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blackberries

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Everyone [but me] bought one before I even knew what they were! Are these the new iPod? It seems like everyone has one except for me!

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I prefer mulberries to blackberries.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No. They are PDA phones. I have one, and it is not even close to being an iPOD.

-Mike

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think he meant it in the sense of the "gotta-have-it" factor, or them being the new "It" piece of technology, as opposed to simply their functionality.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I see what you're saying. In that sense, I guess the BB's are approaching that status.

-Mike

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Friend of mine has one. Whenever he is using it, it looks like he is talking to a slice of toast. Compare that to the NGage, which makes you look like you're talking to a taco :)

7. Yea, that's what I meant. :)

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i was seeing a doctor once, and he had one of those things. i asked him, "what's that?"

and he talked about it for 20 minutes. :rolleyes:

blackberries, the fruit, are pretty expensive! $2 for like...ten of'em! :eek:

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I gotta Treo 6(?) I think. The latest one. It replaced my Keyocera "Smartphone" which was falling apart.

The Keyocera had better pickup though. I could make calls in basements, elevators, around any type of electronics, I never dropped a call. The Treo doesn't do as well, but it's O.K.

I like the typing feature though.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    you need the server to make the Blackberries really cool. I heard a rumour there was even a cert. in the works.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My grandma's old house had them growing on bushes... they were frikkin' amazing.

Who the hell names a piece of machinery after a less than popular fruit?

12. This thread makes me mad :mad:

I was expecting a berry thread, and i got some crap about some POS technology. I love blackberries, and mullberries, and those fat hybrid blue berries.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm with you on this one page. It's a very ****ty title for a product. I think the Blackberry people should sue (the ORIGINAL blackberry people)

Blackberry pie is the shiznite! This thread should be derailed into a worthy thread.

14. mmmm just like grandma used to make:

Attached Files:

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I agree about the server.

-Mike

16. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    now I want a slice of blackberry cobbler. we have bushes ouot back so I can make one. woo hoo.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:bassist: Then I demand you rock that. :bassist:

18. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I use a Blackberry for work. It drives me nuts because I am reachable 24/7 and I'm getting tired of it. That's a not a Blackberry problem, but everytime I look at it I moan. Mine is a fairly big model. It replaced my Treo 180. Lost of nice features. It's tri-band which is a benefit when travelling in North America. Don't like the size of it. Not real pocketable with anything else. Might need a purse. :scowl:

19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Didn't some mayor of some town a while ago have his Blackberry confiscated by the FBI or something when they were investigating him for coruption? IIRC that was over a year ago and it was the Must Have Techie Gadget back then. Are things not changing any faster than that?

20. Share? :)