1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blackout Effectors Demo vids

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bigchiefbc, May 6, 2010.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He doesn't have nearly enough sexual chocolate in his avatar to notice all of his posts. Good to hear it now though :)

2. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    That passive clip sounds so much better than the active imo.

& my o is worth about $0.02

3. kismet78

kismet78

Nov 18, 2007
    Vancouver
    Cheers guys! And thanks to Ben for the demos.

The Mantra is EXTREMELY touch sensitive, so it stands to reason that what goes in has a big effect on what comes out. With passives it can do much lower gain. On my P-bass I can get a really full low gain, but the pickups are really low output (and setup pretty low ta boot) to contrast the hotter pups on my T-bird.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    FYI it's a really crappy video. woooo

yay! i sound terrible on recordings.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that trooper poster is win. just thought i'd chuck that in here, 2 weeks later :).

6. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    The limited edition Mastodon shirt is pretty win, too. Is that the one that came with the Oblivion single?

7. The mantra sounds truly great to me - i've got a flipster at the moment but have been thinking about moving it on, anybody got any experience with both pedals?