blackouts mean no electricity for my bass!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by teddidread, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Running out of natural gas (LNG) is not a bell curve like oil, it's a cliff. We are at that cliff. If the weather is very kind we have 3 winters tops of LNG usage. If the weather is very cold, we'll be lucky to get through 03-04 without lots of blackouts. But the thing is, we've got all these new LNG single-fuel electricity generating plants that won't be able to run without being converted - and to what? California and the recent NE blackout action is not some freak accidents. They are caused by deregulation and shortages - which I shouldn't have to point out CAN NEVER BE REPLACED!

As an electronic musician I'm thinking our days of playing big ol' bass amps is over.
    World oil production is also now decreasing so how will we be able to drive to gigs and practice and jams or whatever? Look up PEAK OIL in a search engine.

This is a big problem. We are in trouble and I think more people should know about it.

In Arcata, CA, (I think) the school has developed pedal generators for music. A few people ride while the band plays.

Obviously this affects much more than music. Please research this and TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX