1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blacksburg/Roanoke GTG

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    How about a GTG on Thursday May 14 at Champs in Blacksburg? I'm playing there that night with The Kind from 10PM-closing, but I plan to be there from 7:30 PM on. We can get together to talk gear, talk Bass Camp and drink some beers. And if you've never set foot in Rocket Music, we're just 2-3 blocks up the street from Champs. I'll be going straight from Rocket to Champs, so feel free to stop in the store on your way to the club.

If that doesn't work, I'll also be playing in Roanoke at the Blue 5 on Saturday, May 9 with The Electric Woodshed. That's usually an earlier night (I think we start at 9), and I'm usually hauling butt to get there on time... but if that night works better, I can try to figure out a way to get there a few hours ahead of time.

Or maybe I'll try to do both? I'm sure some folks can make one and not the other... eh, please let me know if you intend to make one or the other so I can plan accordingly.

I hope to see ya there!

2. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    You just want to show off that wicked new Roscoe of yours, don't you? :eyebrow:

;)

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Heck, yeah!

4. Just make sure you don't get it crossed up with the Roscoe GTG...

:ninja:

...we wouldn't want anything bad to happen...

;)

...I'll try to make it up there for it, if I can!

:)

5. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, yeah, you should be back to 100% and ready to consume massive quantities by then, eh?

6. Yeah buddy...gotta couch I can borrow???

:hyper:

;)

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, yeah, and we can do ya one better - a bed! My kids have separate rooms, but they always seem to end up together in one room anyway. There will be plenty of Star Wars and Legos paraphanalia to make ya feel like a kid all over again.

8. I think I can attend, at least for a little while, since my band Saluda is playing at Awful Arthur's that night.

-Danny

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Cool, Danny! Bring your Roscoe if ya can!!

10. Of course!

11. David A. Davis

David A. Davis Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    Ok. The 14th is good for me. Hopefully I'll have my thumb by that day. I'll just take friday off.

12. ettsn

ettsn

Mar 29, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Although I'm in Atlanta, I've got a friend in grad school at VT that I need to come visit. Unfortunately, can't do the 14th, but I can't wait to come see Rocket. Maybe we do this kinda thing again in a month or so? I'll bring my Roscoe. ;)

13. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, man. We play the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month at Champs, so there are plenty of opportunities.

And you're near the Atlanta Bass Gallery, you lucky dog! Say hi to Darren there for me, if you ever visit. He's a veteran Wooten camper, too.

14. ettsn

ettsn

Mar 29, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, I'm nearby but I haven't been over to the new store yet. Used to haunt the old one from time to time, but been darn busy to get down to the new one.

I'll let you know when I'm headed north, 3005 in tow! :)

15. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    To all you Roanoke TB'ers - as I mentioned, I'll be playing at the Blue 5 tonight with The Electric Woodshed. We do Allmans, Little Feat, lots of blues, etc... 9PM to closing. I've got to be here at the store until we close (7PM), so I'll be cutting it close just to get to the club on time. So no GTG tonight at the Blue 5, but we can meet up between sets for sure.

16. fesem

fesem

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Greg: Thursday the 14th should work for me. I'll look forward to meeting some new folks, seeing your new bass and watching you put all those pedals to work. Steve

17. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, ya'll - just a reminder that we'll be doing a GTG this Thursday @ Champs in Blacksburg from 7 PM to whenever. I'll have a mixer running into our band's PA system, so we can all plug in if the mood strikes. I just need you guys to bring a cable if you can.

There are a handful of confirmed attendees, hopefully more will show up and suprise us! All are welcome!

18. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    ...and I'm sure this will draw them in likes flies: the first few rounds are on Rocket Music!

Free beer? NOW watch us end up with a room full of drummers. Ba-dum-bum. Is this thing on?

19. Hmm...but do the drinkers get to call the beer, or do we have to drink what the buyer is drinking?

If so, I'm buyin' my own!

:spit:

Yeah, I'm there y'all! (...but I ain't drinkin' that bubbly horse pee Greg calls "beer"...)

:hyper:

20. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    See? Free beer gets mentioned, and now we have a former geetard attending :spit:

:D

You can have whatever you like all night long, Gard! That's the least I can do for you draggin' your butt (and your lovely Roscoe 6 string) two hours up the road. Not to mention you hand delivering this lovely Bosse LG-3000... Anyone who brings me a bass like that (and lets me keep it) can drink all night long on my tab :)

2860-BODY-PROGRESS.