"Blade" basses, anyone else tryed them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Exophysical, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Exophysical

Exophysical

Nov 19, 2009
    I was at a local music store and was surprised to see that they had started carrying a brand of guitars and basses called "Blade". The salesman claimed that they were "hand made in switserland" which I didnt quite beleive. I tryed out a telecaster and a jazz bass copy, both were very well made instruments. The bass was a bit cheaper than an Fender american standard but I felt the quality was superior. Besides a nice Jbass tone It had a neat little feature called a "midrange boost" activated by pulling out the tone knob. Very nice instrument, anyone else know anything about them?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Blade has been in the business for quite a long time.
    They specialize in SuperFenders. Something like the European Lull.
    They were very popular back in the 80s 90s, when Sadowskies and the like weren't readily available on this side of the Pond.
    They're still in the business although these days they make more guitars than basses.
    Very good instruments, much better built than a basic Fender indeed.

3. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2008
    San Diego, CA
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Very nice indeed. Fender is nowhere close to being in the same league. I didn't know they were still around though.

5. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    My shop sells their guitars but, even they look and play pretty good (I suck at guitar skinny strings) anyways for around their price they can't be beat. As far as the usual Fenders/Epi's go.

6. there is a blade club as well.

7. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Played one of their Strat-style guitars last week. Nice fast neck on it, played really well. Cant talk for their basses though.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021