1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Blank" Control Plates?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Matt Call, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. Matt Call

    Matt Call Supporting Member

    Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN

    After a few days of searching, I can't find anything. I've been trying to find a blank tele-style control plate for my 51 reissue P.

    Does anyone have any tips on how/where to get one? No holes for the pots; but screw holes would be dandy. :D

    I'm going crazy here.
  2. Greenman


    Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    If you have no luck you could get a metal shop to shear you a piece of stainless to the width you need and round the corners drill the holes you want and polish it to a chrome like finish.

    Cheers :)
  3. Matt Call

    Matt Call Supporting Member

    Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I did run across these; but they're for a standard tele guitar. It wouldn't fit a 51 RI unless I modded it (or the pickguard). I could maybe try contacting them about doing the same for the tele bass control plate.

    I guess I'm still looking for an idea. I don't have the resources or training to do metal work. I wish I did... :meh:
  4. DSB1


    Mar 8, 2006
    Allparts will make you one.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.