1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blast from the past - So what's that bass & amp set up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gibenbackerbass, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Name that bass - make and model.

What amps are being used?

It would be pretty hard to improve anything here, but I think a vintage Gibson Thunderbird played through a Marshall full stack would've turned the trick a bit better...

Time has done nothing to diminish anything in this performance.

:bassist:

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    And who ever said "old" amps didn't sound good.... ;)

3. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    ahhh, the Harmony H27... Ronnie Lane used the H22 a lot more actually, and I prefer that model too - despite being 'lower end' than the H27. Both fantastic basses.

I beleive the H27 was given to Damon Minchella by Ronnie Lanes wife. I've seen him use it for at least one song when playing with Paul Weller

4. Wow, I'm impressed!!

BTW, love your website - without a doubt it's one of the most impressive Gibson Bass Guitar sites around. Over the years I've watched you build it up. Outstanding accomplishment!! :) Very informative!! :) Plenty of work went into developing that site and it certainly shows! :D

5. Rebmo

Rebmo

Aug 19, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I would have to see the u-tube vid of their studio recording to see what they used for the lip sync recording. In those days it may well have been what they hauled to the lip sync vid session. Great song!