Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lazybassass, Jul 1, 2002.

1. lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    I was just looking on MoFo to get a general idea of how much a Conklin gt5 would cost me. I saw the first price, a little high but i might be able to handle it. Then i saw the price for a "blem" conklin gt5.It says the instrument may have minor dings or may have been played a little and It was a little more than hundred dollars lower. I wasnt really planning on buying from them but do you think i should give it a shot? They also give you 45 days to see if you still want it. I was thinking that if i could save myself a few payments just because of a scratch somewhere id take it. And if the scratch is very noticeable or big i could return it. Think its worth a shot? Anyone else ever tried this?

Also keep in mind that hundred dollars is a lot of money for a teenager.
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    It'll get scratchy someday anyway... if you have 45 days (!!), and get a full refund if you choose to return it, you can't lose.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    A "blem" might also be a bass someone else purchased and then returned.

If you have 45 days to get your money back and the price is good, why not?
  4. lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    cool guys thanks for responding im just gunna make sure i can get all my money back, see how low i can get the monthly payments, and i may have a new(or sumthing like new)conklin on the way. :D