1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

blend or 2 vols?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by nick_uk, May 5, 2005.

1. teej

teej Gold Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Best passive, eh? Well, I think the simplist (simple meaning less knobs turned) would be blend/master volume.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

in general in my experience two volumes give a lot more tone option/control if you need/want that. Most guys invariably end up with a few select settings but you still need to tweak to the tune.

But I've had blends that worked just fine and it's quicker and easier to control a single blend, depending on the bass and your habits. If it gets you the tone you want, it's all you need.

Not major surgery, try them both and draw your own conclusion - cause in my experience it would vary from bass to bass, pup to pup, etc.

3. nick_uk

nick_uk

May 5, 2005
    yeah, i'm gonna try v v t first and if it proves difficult switch try the blend option.