Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blendable Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Secondhandloser, May 25, 2005.

1. Secondhandloser

Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    I'm looking for a distortion pedal that allows me to blend in a clean signal, with no loss of low end. I don't care too much about the voicing of the distotion, though I would prefer it to be on the lighter side- up to about 3/4 gain on a muff. It would be a huge plus if the signals could be amplified separately or blended in the pedal, but it is naot neccesary...

2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    What you want is a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Overdrive pedal. It does exactly what you're describing. I have not gigged without mine in years. I can't recommend it enough.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    While not as in-your-face as a cranked Muff, the PE Depth Charge is a great fuzz with a blend. Tons of low end.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You could get a loooper with a Wet-Dry Rocker.

That's what i'm doing when I get my Big Muff.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    MXR Bass Driver M-80 DI, has a cool distortion that has a blend.

Can also function as a DI, Preamp and 2 channel preamp and a boost.

Hope this helps

6. +1

I love mine.

7. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    +2.

But there are a lot of pedals that do this.

Ted

8. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    +1 on the Sparkle Drive.

9. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    The Sparkle od is the only one that Ive ever used that doesn't color the clean sound in any way. I like the mxr bass d.i. alot but, that one colors the clean sound alittle.

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you set the EQ for flat and make sure the "color" switch is off on the MXR, you don't have that problem. I specifically tested for this when I got the pedal. There was no difference between the "off" and "on" setting.

Ted

11. how about the HAO Rust Ride? it has outputs for dry and wet signal...i heart mine very much, very cranked SVT sounding and EASY to use (1 knob, and a 3 way selector)

12. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I thought Toasted might chime in here ;) you gotta add the D*A*M Ezekiel pedal to the list. You can blend your wet/dry signal, there's a passive tone control (filter) and there's 5 different types of dist/overdrive/fuzz - and the real kicker...it's made for bass.

13. Secondhandloser

Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    Could I get links to these... my comps kinda screwed up right now, and I'd like to look into these pedals...

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I use a Rust Ride, and have a custom Loooper that has an extra input on one of the loops, along with a blend knob. I plug the clean into the extra input, and blend them where I can get that gritty SVT tone and keep my booty too. Once I figured out how to set it all up, I was a very happy man.