Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blending signals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by opivy3056, Feb 27, 2005.

1. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    hey whats up?
    I want to blend the sound of my bass (w/sans amp) and a clean signal with distortion. I could retain the mids from the clean and get a little more grind from a Boss DS-1.
    Should I get a splitter box and run the clean signal into a different amp? Or is there some kind of pedal I could get to blend the signals?
    I doubt Ill figure this out on my own. Any input is great.

thanks

2. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i think loooper has a an option where you can get a blend pot to mix wet and dry signals. you wouldn't need 2 amps for this, the pedal does the mixing for you.

loooper

-jimbo

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yep, a "mixer pedal" will do the trick. Or there are rack mount options too. But, an EQ might do the trick too, if all you're looking for is a little more midrange.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

* refreins himself *

5. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Haahaahahahaha

It seems this question is coming up everywhere this week.

6. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    my bad, i should've checked the archives.

Would I need the 1 loooper or the 2?

I dont understand how I would run the signal.

The parallel out from the sans amp into the DS-1 Distortion into the return of the looper with the blend set at half?

Would the boss DS-1 kill the tone of the original signal from the bass because it isnt true bypass?