1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blending two bass amps using Darkglass Vintage Deluxe

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Bimlen, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Bimlen

Bimlen

Aug 22, 2017
    Hi! I am going to tour in Germany this summer with a hard rock band. I haven't played live in quite a while and really want sound good this time around. I would love some help/advice from all of you bassheads out there concerning the rig that I'm planning on using. I'm basically wondering if this is a good idea or not.

So this is what I got.

I own a Tc BH-250 head with a Tc RS410. I also own an older Warwick Wamp 280 head with two matching 210's. I have a Darkglass Vintage preamp pedal that has a parallel output. The plan is to separate the signal by going from the active Spector Euro bass into the Darkglass and out to the BH-250 distorted with low bass eq. And use the parallel out to the Warwick rig clean with lots of bass and no treble.

Is this the way to do it? Or a way to do it? I just tried it in my living room and it sounds killer. What are your thoughts?

I'm also thinking about getting a Radial Stagebug passive DI to have after the tuner and before the Darkglass. That way the soundman can get a clean sound and I don't need to think about anything but my stage sound. If he wants to mic my effected cabinet, great!

2. Xandrell

Xandrell

Aug 23, 2014
    It's possible you could run into various noise problems or none at all depending on the venue. I imagine the Darkglass has a ground lift since my A/O has one and has saved me in the past. I suggest getting a high quality buffered splitter for peace of mind. I have this one and works great.
    Lehle P-Split II

3. Bimlen

Bimlen

Aug 22, 2017
    Xandrell thanks! I own a Boss Line Selector. No good?

4. Xandrell

Xandrell

Aug 23, 2014
    Should be buffered with a transformer. The line selector is not needed since you can go out of the parallel output of the darkglass.

5. Bimlen

Bimlen

Aug 22, 2017
    I see! Thanks!