1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blew a speaker in GK 1001RB 210 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phaneo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Should I just get this re-coned or should I buy a new speaker. It has a textured looking speaker in it, just wondering if a re-coning will look the same.
    Thanks

2. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    It will be identical if the recone shop uses the correct parts . . . .

- Tim

3. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Thanks,
    Any recomendations where to take it in the DFW area? I used Freeman Tuel in East dallas a few years back, but I'm not sure if they're still around.

4. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    As of about last year, Freeman-Tuell was alive and kicking, and doing well. I have used them a number of times over the years, and feel that their work is very good and consistent, albeit a bit slow at times. They are also a warranty/authorized service provider for a lot of the big names - EAW, EV, JBL, etc. . . . . not sure on GK, but a call would tell you . . . . and I think I remember seeing a sign, but I didn't own my GK rig the last time I was there . . . I was getting my EV studio monitors done, since the foam surrounds rotted off over 20+ years of use . . .

- Tim

5. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Thanks