Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blew a speaker in GK 1001RB 210 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phaneo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Should I just get this re-coned or should I buy a new speaker. It has a textured looking speaker in it, just wondering if a re-coning will look the same.
    Thanks

2. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    It will be identical if the recone shop uses the correct parts . . . .

- Tim

3. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Thanks,
    Any recomendations where to take it in the DFW area? I used Freeman Tuel in East dallas a few years back, but I'm not sure if they're still around.

4. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    As of about last year, Freeman-Tuell was alive and kicking, and doing well. I have used them a number of times over the years, and feel that their work is very good and consistent, albeit a bit slow at times. They are also a warranty/authorized service provider for a lot of the big names - EAW, EV, JBL, etc. . . . . not sure on GK, but a call would tell you . . . . and I think I remember seeing a sign, but I didn't own my GK rig the last time I was there . . . I was getting my EV studio monitors done, since the foam surrounds rotted off over 20+ years of use . . .

- Tim