Blind Melon/Unified Thoery's bassist Brad Smith

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by funkopotimus, Jan 17, 2001.

1. OK now i think this guy is one of the most talented and unfortunatly underrated guys in history, his parts are so strong, anyways i gotta run but let me know what you all think of the guys work
  2. haha, i thought i was the only one!!! this was my first post about two weeks ago when i joined i geuss, and i had decided no one else liked them, thankfully i was wrong!

r.i.p. shannon hoon, man check out and

where i live i had to specially order Unified Theory and it took me like 2 months to get it, but i have it and its worth it, make sure you get all three blind melon albums and unified theory's!

3. Oceans

Jan 19, 2001

OK this is the thing, Blind Melon is a great band their problem was the NO RAIN video, I mean every body remember them only from that video and every body just buy their first record only for that song... so they are underrated, problaby their other problem was that thieir music was too soft for the time...the bass is good not as strong as I like basslines to be, but is good. So this another thing what do you think abou Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam's bassit) his basslines are simple but effective and strong, he´s one my my favs, and i think he´s underrated too.
  4. I deffinetly agree, the one time i've takin bliind melon out of my players in ages was two days ago when i stuck on four of my pearl jam albums, i love them too. these are two great bands that prove the bass is extremely important, but doesnt necesarilly(damn i spelt that bad) have to overpower to be amazinly good. If the bass players of either of these bands left, the bands would suck.

And yeah the video did ruin everything, not to mention the fact shannon overdosed during the tour for the soup album.

Anyways thats my opinion, keep on givin opinions in here though.

steve(pearl jam do a tribute song to Shannon Hoon(blind Melon's lead singer), I downloaded it off napster, its called Bee Girl, i cant remeber if its any good....)