Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blink-182 has called it quits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by peteroberts, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Korn released a Greatest Hits album-when a band like that tries to put out a greatest hits album, you know they're through before they even break up. If you couldn't figure that by their last few terrible albums that is ;)

2. I used to be a huge fan of theirs back in the day, but since they stopped making good music years ago: It's about time.

Oh, and funny you should mention Korn, Head,their "lead" guitarist just quit the band.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ah! That sucks. I love blink 182. :bawl:

4. i don't care about blink 182,
    but i actually liked korn, despite the anti-fieldy sentiment here (mind you, i wasn't a fan of fieldy himself, but i liked the band's sound as a whole)

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    .....now if only SUM 41 and all those other pop-punk no-talents would follow suit.......

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Nickleback and all of the "school of Creed" bands should quit too.

7. Well, so they're not really breaking up...going on hiatus is a little bit different. Who knows? In a year or two they might be back in the studio making a new album.

8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Though I don't care for Blink-182's music, it is true that they've worked their asses off, touring, writing and promoting. I agree that I don't think this is really an official break-up, I think we can expect to see more of them in another 5 years or so. Of course...I guess now we'll be getting more Boxcar Racer. :spit:

Now if only all the greats would come back off hiatus! Fugazi! At The Drive-In! PLEASE!

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Sum41 is hardly pop punk... all killer no filler, sure. pop punk... but does this look infected and chuck are not pop punk at all.

10. Maybe now that Hoppus is available, Tower of Power will dump Rocco to get him. :D

11. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I actually heard the Flecktones are courting him heavily.

:bag:

12. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I thought Hoppus had some form of cancer?

13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Actually, I thought the same about Sum41, but their newest stuff is actually pretty respectable rock -- genuine rock. I nearly soiled my shorts when I first heard their newest release!

14. no that was feildy... they want a bassist/ singer now

15. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Does he? Where's the "foot-in-mouth" emoticon?

16. Great point. As much as I do not like Blink-182, there have been many a kids who started rockin because of them. Who knows how many of them will stick with it, and become solid, mature, and busy muscians.

17. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I agree they're more post-pop-punk, mixed with some nu-indie, and maybe a bit of retro-grunge.

18. jayzarecki

jayzarecki

Feb 23, 2005
    san diego, CA
    damn, i liked them too!

19. HA, I never liked Blink 182. Tom Delonge couldn't sing or play guitar, and Travis wasn't anything special on drums. I have to say, Mark could at least sing, and keep time pretty well, but he was no super star uber kool bassist like some people think.