Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Punk_311, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Blink lovers

18 vote(s)
  2. Blink haters

21 vote(s)
  3. Who the hell is Blink?

4 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    How many people love or hate blink182. I think that they suck and mark hoppus is the worst bassist ever. Carousel is their hardest song and its still easy. leave your opinion.
  2. IMO

blink 182 are a very good band, and Mark hoppus is a good bassist, maybe hes no way near the best but hes very talented vocalist too.

sorry but im a blink182 lover!

but then again, everyones crap compared to fieldy and flea :p
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    to me, they are bubble-gum pop with distortion. I beleive they have very little talent.

But it is not like i've listened to them, except for commercials, at school, etc. I've probably never listened to them longer than 12 seconds.
  4. I think this is in the wrong place...
  5. I won't get started with things i dislike about blink. When i listen to them the music makes me realy mad, makes me feel like i want to fight. I don't know why, it just does
  6. everything isn't always so black and white. there are some blink songs that i like, like new hope and carusel, but there are also others that i cant stand.
  7. but thats just my opinion. I dont think they suck or anything I just dont like them.
    I dont think they are trying to fool anyone into thinking that they are serious musicians, and its obvious that they are being marketed for the teenyboppers, and theres nothing wrong with that, and at least they play their own instruments and write their own songs, so they do have talent, far more then any of those pop groups.
    The only problem i have is when people refer to them as a punk band. Blink182 is everything punk was AGAINST! Can you imagine the Clash having corporate sponsors?? I dont think so!
    They have the potential to be good, the talent is there, they just need to stop focusing on money and put the focus on the music.
  8. yeah, i didn't think they were complete sellouts, but i just saw travis barker on one of those damn jansport backpack ads. ech.

hey punk_311, if you're going to dislike a band, dislike them for the right reasons. easy bassline does not = sucky song.
  9. Yeah... do you think every hendrix song is crap simply because the bass was SUPER simple? it was suppsoed to be simple, hendrix wanted it that way. There is a lot of great music out there where the bass is super simple, and you wonder how long the bass player had been playing for since the lines were so simple.

10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I like blink, granted they arent the most technically impressive band out there, but not everything has to be a musical materpiece to be a good song, at least imo.
  11. I like the guys. They seem like a group that's there to have fun. Their music doesn't offend, doesn't make you have nightmares, or make you think that they don't enjoy what they are doing.

And guess what, the basslines are simple because he also has to sing. You try it sometime, and most likely you're gonna wind up doing the same thing. Focusing on singing (what audiences can first relate to) and pumping out 1/8 notes. This is not a bad technique. Also, listen to Adam's song. I personally think it's a good song. Good meaning, nothing like being able to say goodbye to a friend, and have a nation hear it.

But it's all just IMHO.
  12. I agree, sometimes a simple bassline really enhances a song, whereas a complex bassline would have ruined the song. Think of Dylans 'All Along The Watchtower', the entire bassline consists of 3 notes repeated through the whole song, yet it sounds great, the bassline carries that song. Hell, most blues songs have simple basslines but sound great.
  13. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    My reason for hating them is because if you have all their cd's you'll notice that there is a song on all of them that have the same bass line just in a differen key. listen to a real punk band like bad religion. Mark is a good vocalist but he uses voice pro to make him sound better than he is. same with tom. Tom is an ok guitar player.

-From chaos
  14. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    Not that i dont like them but its annoying to hear some dudes from the suburbs complain about how hard it is to grow up. They have their good songs but their new album is crap..theres like 3 good songs on it. Now their just a bunch a sellouts...they advertise too much
  15. uh, you started your last two posts with "my reason for hating them is..." and "not that i don't like them but..."

get your head together man!

by the way, the thing i like about most 311 fans is that they are among the most open-minded and tolerant folks out there... give it a try.
  16. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    :D Yeah, stop the hate child!
  17. 311 kicks ass!!!!!!! and whoever the delusional child that said that fieldy was good needs his head checked. ps. please dont start bashin fieldy again. gets old after awhile.
  18. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    311 rules P-nut kicks ass at bass. I hate the fact that mark hoppus sucks and that brings down the band but I like their old stuff. Like i said, their new album is crap.
  19. ok, well first you cant say blink 182 as a whole as no talent, i think travisis very talented, as for mark and tom, they are not the best, but they have fun(lots of it). and ithink tom is preaty creative,i like all of his lil guitar rifs at the begining. and it is not like mark and tom goaround saying/or thinking they are good. but thats just wat i think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.