1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

blips 'n' bleeps

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by tony-moore, Oct 4, 2001.

1. hey steve!

ok, so i've been grooving on your la loop feste set (did you get that md/dat yet?). how do you get all those cool, spacey blips and bleeps?

tony

ps - that little ashdown rawks!

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    HI Tony,

sorry for the delay in replying - this one slipped by me somehow...

All the bleepy stuff is from the MPX-G2 - there's an effect on there called a 'sweep filter' on which you can randomise some of the parameters, so that if you then put it through a dual delay set to different tempos, you can get some of those mad polyrhythmic effects! :oops:)

I'm not sure if I played it at the LA show (MD not here yet... :oops:) but there's a tune I now do that uses the same effect for percussion...

ta ta

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk