Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blisters!!!Help!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JiggaMan, Dec 13, 2001.

1. JiggaMan

JiggaMan

Dec 13, 2001
    Hey everyone,
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how soothe some killer blisters on my playing fingers, or better yet how to get rid of them(preferably without poppng them) by tonight. I took some time off from paying with my band but now that I'm back we've been practicing non-stop and recording. I'm going back in the studio tonight to lay my final tracks down and I'm a little worried about these fat-ass blisters I've acquired. I've heard crazy glue can help but I would think it might mess up my tone due to the hard surface it would create on my fingers. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i don't think anything's really gonna help you for tonight besides crazy glue. it doesn't mess up your tone THAT much, but it does flake off. i'd pop them but don't pick off the skin - it stays there to form callous.

maybe that Nu-Skin liquid bandage? no idea how durable it is though.

but if you want to not get blisters ever again - soak your finger tips in hot tea for a few nights. the tannic acid in the tea tans your fingers like leather, and they get harder.

jason

3. JiggaMan

JiggaMan

Dec 13, 2001
    Thanks Jason. You think I should pop em', use the glue, or both for tonight?

4. This is exactly why i always have tape on my fingers when playing :D

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Tape?! super Glue?! WTH?! Be a man! I played through mine!!!:p
    Just kidding, but I really did just play through 'em. They turned into some cool "pads", and I'd gladly do it again. Hurt like a mutha though!

6. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    Hmm, I might just try that... Does it hurt or anything? Will it make my hideous hands any worse looking? (my hands are freaky, I have callouses where no one else does, mainly on ALL my knuckles/finger joints, but nowhere else...)

7. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I say pop and drain the blister. Then use super-glue underneath the dead skin.

"911, what is your emergency?....":eek:

8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    There are numerous thread about this so you might have a little more luck if you do a search(not that you not getting any response here and now:D )

hey AllodoX....i tried that but the tape just wore off after a few songs...how do i make it stay on or not wear away?