Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blisters..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmcgee, Sep 27, 2004.

1. bassmcgee

bassmcgee

Sep 8, 2004
    Hey. Ive been playing for years, and thought I had pretty good calices (sp?) built up. Then, after a long jam session, I got this honkin blister on my middle playing finger (my right hand). Its big and huge. It dies down over night, but the next day when i play, its back again. What do you guys suggest? Pop it? Wait for it to go away.... I dunno.

2. sambass

sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    MA
    dont pop it, whenever i popped mine it just made things worse.

3. BasStefan

BasStefan Guest

put some moleskin on it and wait for it to heal.

4. Exactly! Dr. Scholls moleskin is the schiznit for those nasty blisters. I get them on my plucking fingers when I lay off playing for much more than a week... those calousses disappear fast! :bassist:

5. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    when i get blisters, i dip them in rubbing alchohol and then let them dry. then re-do it a bunch of times. it works great for me. especially after a LONG run and you got like the 6"X6" blisters on your foot. as long as it isn't popped, it won't sting. but something about the alchohol dries up the blister pus stuff. works great.

6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    If you've got a blister and you have to play on it, clean the skin with alcohol, lance the blister with a flamed pin, clean again and cover with superglue.