Blizzard Pearl Confusion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff K, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I was looking at the 2009 Fender Frontline catalog and noticed that the colors for the American Standard basses are the same as last year. The reason I'm confused is because of the blowout prices they had a couple months ago on the Blizzard Pearls. I thought it was because the color was being discontinued (at least on the Am. Stds.).

One difference with the '09's however, is that the Blizzard Pearls will now come with the tort guard rather than the parchment that came on the '08's. I guess I was ahead of the curve on that one since I slapped a tort on mine right after I got it.

2. That's just craziness. :)

I'm glad I got mine when I did.

3. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Don't those silly guys know that a BUNCH of us want some vintage colors? I think the current color choices are too limited.

Anyway, I'm glad a bunch of people got a good deal when GC was "purging" the Blizzard Pearls. Does anyone ever really know why GC puts random stuff on sale?:D

4. I saw the Squier P-Bass in this finish and I loved it, very "Cadillac" look.
    Too bad about the new tort guards..yuck..
    Ah well, can always get a new black one.

5. My guess would be overstock on certain colors. My guess is that you'd never see the sunburst going on sale. People can be so fickle. :)

I agree about the vintage colors. They did put the sonic blue and LPB on the Squiers. Maybe we'll see some of that eek over into the Fenders.

6. I can't imagine why, sunbursts are so..dare I say..boring.
    I think I just admitted to disliking two of the most classic finish elements ever.
    Don't hurt me.

7. :D I don't mind sunburst but it seems to be really popular, that's why I said that. I was surprised that the black and maple jazz was on sale as well because I would think that would be popular. So who knows?

8. I guess it's harder to pass off a reliced guitar with blizzard pearl or full black I suppose.
    I dunno, if I knew black/maple was on sale, I'd have gone for
    it. :bassist:

9. I really like the Blizzard Pearl. It looks awesome in the stage lights. You can really see the pearl.

10. Wait....no new colors?!?!?!?!?!? That officially ruined my friday night, I'm not even going out now, I'm far too depressed...:atoz:

Atleast I'm one of those people who got the $500 Blizzard pearl basses:D

11. There's a good reason why the vintage colors aren't on standard models.....can you say "Custom Shop"???? If we could get our desired colors on regular models, that would remove a portion of Fender's Custom Shop business.

Roger

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021