1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blizzard Pearl with an anodised gold PG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kompressaur, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Kompressaur

Kompressaur

Aug 21, 2006
    Anyone done this on their Precision? I've an 08 MIA P in BP with a rosewood board. I've got both parchment and white MOP guards for it,neither of which are really floating my boat. I keep thinking a gold anodised guard would work and fancy ordering one,but before I do has anyone got this combo on their bass and if so,any pics?

2. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
  3. Here's the pic from MF in closeup.

[​IMG]

And btw, abalone looks awesome on blizzard pearl. I got one for my '08 jazz and I love it.

4. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I own the above posted bass. It's not only a sweer color combo, the tone rocks as well.
    100_2759.

5. Very sharp looking indeed.

6. any pics?

I'm PG shopping and have an '08 Blizzard Pearl as well.

7. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I wish I could find an abolone guard for a P/J configuration that is active. Unfortunately, I have to have one custom made.

8. Sure. Here it is.

BlizAb1.

9. Kompressaur

Kompressaur

Aug 21, 2006
    looks great - I think I'll order one this week.
    btw abalone looks great too:)

10. Thanks. It's kind of dark in that pic but in light it's really pretty.

11. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    And your rosewood is so dark it almost looks like ebony. Mine's pretty dark also, but not quite as dark as yours.

12. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Kompressaur, would you mind posting a pic of the white MOP sitting on your Blizzard Pearl. You don't have to screw it in, just lay it on top. I have tort on mine right now, but I've been thinking about getting a white pearloid for it. Maybe a pic of yours would help me make up my mind one way or another. Thanks. Here's mine with the tort:

100_1030.

13. Kompressaur

Kompressaur

Aug 21, 2006
    np,here you go

DSC00017.

14. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks. That looks pretty good. But you said you don't really like it. Anything specific, or it just doesn't hit your hot button?

One thing I like about Jazz Basses is that it's sooooo easy to swap out pickguards. A bit more of a pain with a P, so I like to have a pretty good idea before swapping them out.

If my board was maple, I'd probably do the white pearloid in a heartbeat. I'll probably end up doing it anyway, although the tort is beginning to grow on me. Thanks again.

15. I didn't do white pearloid because I was afraid it might be too bluish. I thought about it though, and also thought about vintage pearl, but then I thought that might be too brownish/yellowish.