1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Block diagram question for more tech smart people than I.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kawai-chang, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Hey, all the tech savvy guys here, looking at the block diagram for my amp, can someone help me decipher what this is telling me the EQ is at when the knobs are at "noon"?

I'm seeing a big hump from the lows, and scoops from the mids and highs, correct? I assume the bottom line is the lows, middle line is the mids, and upper line is the highs?

Here's the diagram:
    http://traynoramps.com/downloads/servman/smxm100.pdf

Thanks for the assist!

2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    When you boost the lows, the mids get scooped slightly. Boost the highs, the mids get scooped as well, but even more so. The mid boost/cut just like normal. BUT, after the main EQ, there is a mid scoop filter attached to a pot that varies the amount of mid scoop you can add to your tone. I'm assuming fom 0 dB to (?) idk.

Rob

3. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    And, no. Top line is lows, middle line is highs, bottom line is mids; Reading from the left side top to bottom.

Rob

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    That block diagram tells you nothing about the amp's overall frequency response curve with "knobs at noon." What it does tell you is that the bass and treble are shelving filters and the mid control is a boost/cut bandpass. If if matters to you a lot, just email Traynor/Yorkville tech support. [​IMG]

5. Cool things to know.

6. Thanks!

7. +1