Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Block inlay info needed BADLY!!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jacochops, Jun 11, 2003.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I'm having a new bass built for me by a regular poster here on TB...he does great inlay work, but has not yet done a board with typical Fender-style 70's J Bass blocks. I'd like the blocks on my new bass to resemble that time period as much as possible. Does anyone here know of a good source to send a fingerboard to that has been slotted and prepped? I'd like to have them cut and install pearloid blocks. I'm going to use a macassar ebony board, and also don't have access to the proper block material....any clues?? Please let me knoe ASAP!
    Thanks!:D

2. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    yep JC, Gurian Instruments does really fine inlay work. Mail mail and I'll give you their e-mail cause I think the website is not up and running yet!

You could ask Adrian Garcia too. His USACG bass neck was sent out to receive this kind of inlays...

Peace, JP

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I believe that USACG has a $100 upcharge for the block inlay mod. I purchased the parts for my "Fendowsky" from Tommy and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! They're great guys to work with and produce a fantastic product. If you go with USACG you won't be disappointed.