Blocking Phone Numbers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Jan 20, 2003.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I got these girls from my school that call my house all the time and just start screaming into the receiver, just sitting there, stupid stuff. My dad is one of three people in his department at work (one of the major airlines) and my mom is the head of her department at the local college, and w/ all my band stuff and the types of activities i'm involved in, i cant have the phone line tied up by stupid immature girls (believe it or not they're both 16!?) How can i block their numbers? I'm in NC and my phone service is through BellSouth.
  2. Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    You could try calling your phone company, most likely they'd block it for a fee. My alternative to paying-Go to google and type in "phreak". It would be very time consuming to do this, but educational and even fun(as long as you don't get caught)
  3. fishy

fishy Guest

Dec 13, 2002
    courtice, Ontario
    also the anarchists cookbook has a bunch of stuff on phreaking
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    You mean people are still phone phreaking?
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i did a little during high school. built a box that would make the tones that a quarter dropped into a payphone made. worked some of the time, too!
  6. Well, my estranged wife managed to get my mobile number blocked and my parents (where I'm staying just now) land line blocked. Makes it difficult to talk to my son!:mad:

Anyway, if my (soon to be ex) wife can get it done by BT, I reckon pretty much anyone can get it done wherever they are;)
  7. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Just ring them back and tell their parents ;)

Do they do it out of spite, or some kind of wierd infactuaion?

Ps- whats 'phone phreaking'?

Edit: I was curios, so searched google. I found a page made by some guy who got into all this. So far Ive read 2 of his stories, its arranged in a cronological story-like form.

Check it out, I'm sure you guys will find it interesting.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That does sound weird!! ;)
  9. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    :p ha never noticed the mistake!

ps - check out that link if your curious about 'phone phreaking', its pretty intereting, especially in comparison to my It lesson (the final one before a level exams may I add ;) )
  10. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    look in the phone book that is delivered to your home.

in texas (SBC - Bell Corp) we have *69 that calls the phone that just called you.

we also have a *something that traces the call and then the phone company computer gives you a ref. number. they monitor those calls and will contact the authorities. the calls that you get are illegal in Texas, they are against the law (criminal codes) - harassment charges can and should be brought up (i used to work for the DA's office here)

check the phone book

11. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You know, you could've just asked, and I would have quit calling.

12. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I didn't realize you had such a feminin voice... wait'll your mum hears about this one twerp.