Bloody, awful june bugs!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Jun 26, 2004.

1. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Anyone else hate these little suckers? I can't stand even walking outside at night in the summer because I'm afraid one of these pests will stupidly fly into me. I wish there were a way to keep these darn bugs away from my home. Anyone know some good ideas aside from makeshift hairspray flamethrower? :D

:scowl: to june bugs.
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    They're real thick around my house too. It seems like everytime I open the door one or two sneak in. I can't walk outside at night without a few bumping into me. I've even had one fly in my mouth before. Ain't nothing you can do about it. :ninja:
  3. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Nothing you can do.

Although the make shift hair spray flamethrower is fun when you are bored. Works good on Wasps too.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've had a couple, and they must have sent out psychic transmission before their demise, for none others have tried.
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Oh shut up. You didn't get the 17 year swarm. Quit your whining.
  6. lol, ditto on that one.
  7. hit them with a tennis raquet(or any other kind of raquet will do) when they swarm around the lights in your yard. good times my friends.
  8. yeah. i'm well aware of how dumb it sounds to do that, but once you hit one and here the unmistakeable *ping* of junebug on tennis raquet and you'll be hooked! :p
  9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    That's nothing. We get pinching beetles near our small ponds, and a few times, they have come inside attatched to my small dog- once to her ear, and once, to her tounge.
  10. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I know its not really that big a deal and probably doesn't compare to other things... I just have a really big phobia of bugs.
  11. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    As you can see StrudelBass, those of us from the Maryland/Virginia/DC area have NO sympathy for you :smug: