Bloody bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SpankBass, Dec 5, 2001.

1. I donated blood today, so I have a small prick on my finger from where they check your iron or something. A couple hours later I was going at it pretty hard on my bass, and my mom comes in to my room to tell me to turn it down. Midway into the "Its too loud to be pla..." she screams. I was a bit confused until I looked at my left hand and saw blood all over my beautiful new Jazz.

So I guess I finally crisined(horrible speller) my new bass. It took like 30 min. to wipe all that off. I still see blood on the strings, but it aint coming off.

Just thought I'd share my bass coming of age story with you.
  2. I've had a smilar experience, dude. I was playing the last song of our last set one nite, and I happened to look at my right hand and is was all bloody.
    I had split my index finger on my non-fretting hand badly.
    But the weird thing is with something like that, it doesn't hurt until you look at it!
  3. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    And all the while that you are playing you don't notice anything at all that might suggest that you are bleeding?

Well, sorry or congrats. Whichever you prefer.
  4. oops!!!...i seemed to have stumbled into the
    BAD TECHNIQUE forum.:p
  5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    that must look good shouldnt it?
  6. Yeah, it didn't hurt a bit. I guess I was just too far into the groove....

Well actually I was trying this out this great new idea, I downtune my B string to A, cut my mids, and just start whacking away at it. Sounds cool huh?:D
  7. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    that happend to me once when i was in a jam session with my two good firends. i had a slice above my not-fretting had index finger..and aftera few plucks on the d string it opened...i didnt notice it until my friend told me...was not good..alot of blood on my bass...good thing it was my ibanez and not my cirrus. peace
  8. jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    I had an audition once about a week after I cut my left index finger at work. I had a couple of stitches and a bandaid on. Needless to say the bandaid was getting in the way so I took it off. No biggie just a couple of thread sticking out of my finger. Funny thing... They never called me back.
  9. I never did anything like that, but our keyboardist did. He jumped on the tamborine for a song and midway through sliced his hand on one of the cymbals, and bled all over it. It was our friends, grandma's tamborine she had gotten from her mom. They were cool with it, but they let us keep the tamborine. It is now mounted in his room, never been cleaned.
  10. I must say SpankBass that is hilarious :)!!!!!!!
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've been known to spontaneously bleen on things. Wounds with bucket's o' blood open up on my hands/knees/shins, and I have no idea their there untill I get some blood on my frikking new strings. Blood kills strings FAST...
  12. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    our guitarist dropped his pick at our last gig...dear god, i thought he was gonna die from blood talkin small puddles people.

it was our last song, and he was "a little dizzy" afterwards.
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Once I was playing a gig at a bar, and i was going to town on my bass, just flying around on a solo.. well this drunk guy gets either so into it or so disgusted that he throws his empty broken beer bottle at me. I looked up in time and caught it and slammed it on the floor.. Little did I know I had shoved a piece of glass straight through my index finger.... Blood went everywhere... I pulled the glass out and kept playing... now that dedication
  14. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    On top of dedication it is also lie.. sorry it just popped in my head and I had to tell it... would have been neat to see if it were true though.. :)
  15. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    why? peace
  16. :confused:

17. I think he's saying that the guitarist dropped his pick and had to use his fingers. Guitarists are such wusses :D.
  18. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    I was jamming hard, few weeks ago..

I play at the bridge and cut my pinkie open, and then three fingers on my left-hand cut open. The neck and strings were covered, the pickguard too, was now the same color as my bass:p
  19. I found some blood just today on my bass from the incident I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I never noticed it because my bass is midnight wine. Its a cool color though.
  20. you people are SOFT! havent you got like really hard callouses? ive been playing for 14 months and i never bleed and i do like three hour gigs with lightning speed four finger plucking... hehe :)