Bloody Dog

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Cambass, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Well, while having an innocent walk and getting some exercise on the way home from the shops today I was attacked by a freaking huge dog (not sure of it's breed). I was quietly walking along the opposite side of the road when this thing came bolting out of the property. This has happened before and my thought was that a) It will stand there barking at me or b) It will go for it and and bite me. It chose option b and without mercy attempted to have lunch with my arm. I managed to deflect it a couple of times but lost my footing and fell over at which time a young girl fortunatly called it away. Thankfully I was unhurt and had no injuries, my thick jumper helping but I was extremely pissed off.

This attack reaffirms my disliking of big dogs and dogs in general and also morons who forget that having a pet such as a dog is a responsibility when living in a community. If a young child had gone past at that moment it wouldn't have stood a chance against this animal. Don't get me wrong, I've found most people where I live to be responsible and keep their pets inside their property but occasionally I see a dog roaming the streets.
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    There's been many incidents lately, and unfortunately some children that have been badly bitten in the face and head, perhaps disfiguring them for ever. Invariably some soft touch steps forward and says "it's not the dogs fault, we must evaluate the owner, lets put the dog in a new home...bla bla bla". I say that if a dog has been badly trained and proven it can attack a person unprovoked it should be put to sleep instantly no questions asked. It is not worth the risk to give it a second chance.

So now go ahead and flame me.
  3. If a dog's going for you, here's what you do: When it jumps up to bite you, kick your knee with all your might into his chest. He won't even think about doing that again.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    thats crazy man. A friend of mine was attacked by a dog when he was in elementary school. He has scares all over his scalp neck and back. I am an animal lover.. But animals that do things like that need to be put to sleep
  5. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Acoutstic was bitten by a dog on labor day weekend while we were at a friends house. He heard some puppies squealing like they were in pain, and he naturally ran to see what was up. This stray dog that has been living on the friends property ran up to him and bit him right on the heel of his foot. We cleaned it out, however around 12:00am the pain was so bad, we ended up at the emergency room for 6 hours. Acoustic loves animals and would never wish them any harm, however he wanted to shoot this one. The do was put to sleep and he is now heeled. I worked for animal services in Nashville, and bite dogs are instantly put to sleep. I am glad that you are ok, it could have been worse. You need to report what had happened (Im not sure of the laws in Australia) but you were right, it could have been a child, and it might be the next time...there is my 2 cents...:)
  6. Pfffff...

Im a pethiest. I dont believe in Dog.... aint funny :(
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My Rottweiler got into the whole biting/mean thing. Not towards family, mind you. He was nothing but a teddy bear towards me, my wife, and our kids. Trouble was, he saw all strangers that came near my property to be a threat to "his" family. It came to a head when my wife's brother came to visit us. He is naturally scared of large dog's, and mine seemed to sense that and it made him even more defensive. Normally, when in the house, he was very calm and never aggressive, until this time. Without warning he jumped up from where he was laying and bit my brother in law in the leg, HARD. No medical attention was needed, but there was blood drawn.

As much as it hurt me, I put him down. I couldn't live with myself if it happened to a neighbor kid riding by on his/her bike. He was always chained when outside, but accidents could happen. It was a sad thing for me to have to do, but I figured I had no choice.
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Cat = God

even the Ancient Egyptians knew it..
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I was bitten by a doberman when I was a todler (sp?). My family showed them, and I appearantly pissed one off enough that it put my head in it's mouth. One of the other Dobeermans was extremelly protective of me, though, so much that sometimes she wouldn't let my brother or sister near me, only my parents. She quickly got that one that bit me away from me and actually killed him. I have one tiny scar about two inches above my ear, but that's it.
  10. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    When I was eleven I was bitten by a German Shepherd. Back then the law didn't require that the dog be put down. The owner refused, saying that I had to have provoked it somehow to jump over it's fence, run across the street, and try to eat my arm ( It bit my upper left arm, mostly on the triceps. Is that were yours bit?) I had to get rabies shots because the owner wouldn't let them test the dog.
    In 1975 rabies shots wee TWENTY-ONE shots, one a day, into the fat around your belly button. IT SUCKED!

And I'm a dog person. I like dogs, except for German Shepherds that are marked like Dobies. They still scare me.