Blown Away-Hartke HA2000 115 with Acoustic B410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big Harpe, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Big Harpe

Big Harpe

Dec 29, 2017
    I played a gig with my new setup: Hartke HA2000 115 1 15" combo with an Acoustic B410 (4 x 10") and a MXR DI M80 and I was blown away with the tone and loudness. I was worried that it wouldn't be loud enough to play with my band, but not anymore. It's rated at 200W at 4 ohms, but the speaker outputs are 8 ohms. When both speaker/cab are plugged in, it is a monster.

We didn't have time for a sound check and I didn't know what level to set it at, so I set the volume at 3 to start (makes sense, right?). Three (3) crushed a good-sized club and I think I knocked some fillings out of more than a few teeth. The lead singer turned around and said, "You gotta come down" after I hit the first note, lol. My son heard the booming from the parking garage down the street, lol. I wound up playing the whole night at about 1 3/4-2 tops and the band was still LOUD. Of course, knowing that I have so much headroom makes me more comfortable- and a bit giddy.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Is the combo rated for a 2Ω load? If not it’s not going to last too long before it fails.

3. Big Harpe

Big Harpe

Dec 29, 2017
    The manual says the amp is 4 ohms. It has two (2) 8-ohm outputs (8 OHMS is labeled below each speaker output). The extension cab is 8 ohms/400W. I believe the two 8 ohm speakers, when running together, operate at 4 OHMS, but I might be mistaken. I made sure to buy a cab that is 8 OHMS and twice the power rating as the amplifiers (200W x 2 - cab = 400W), I think I'll be OK in the long run. That is, however, unless the 8-ohm outputs are not labeled correctly (stamped in white).
    I'm not knowledgeable enough to see where 2 ohms enters the picture. Can you explain it to me? Thanks

4. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    My main cab is an Acoustic B115, the older style. I got it bc it was super cheap with my employee discount. I had always planned to replace it with a better cab. I’m really surprised how well it sounds. Gonna keep it till it blows up. I play modern/classic country bands. It is perfect for the classic country.

Big Harpe likes this.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You should be fine - I took that the 4x10 was 4Ω, my mistake. :(

BadExample and Big Harpe like this.
  6. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    bumping because I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but I've been GASing for a Darkglass 900 for a while. At practice this weekend, and again last night, I realized that at this point my absolutely beat-to-hell HA2500 (which replaced the 2000 in the lineup in 2005) is an absolutely integral part of "my" tone and I'm not sure I'll need anything else other than a more high-definition cab.

It's lasted two tours and countless high energy basement shows without a hint of trouble. I've dropped it, I've kicked it, I've stood on it, it's had beer, soda, juice, water, etc spilled on it, it's just been completely abused in the 12 years since I got it and it fires up like a champ every night. Plus it keeps up with my guitarists' hi-fi rigs with the volume at 4.

Thanks for helping confirm my decision.

Big Harpe likes this.
  7. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Hi Daddyo!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022