Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blown Driver

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigpappabuddah, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Great, i just got this hartke 410TP over a month ago and now i have a blown speaker. its an awsome cab, but one the three is just not acting well. i dont know what i did to blow it, maybe it was just defective or something, but eh. i have a jazz gig with my school comming up and i dont want to play with a blown speaker. has anyone had any experence with hartke's support or anything? i've already talked to the guys at samash (thats where i got it) and after 30 days, they pretty much can't do anything about it.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The big problem with Hartke, and most of the reason why I stopped using Hartke cabs, is that they are too difficult and time consuming to get replacement parts. They won't just sell/send you a new driver. They will require you to send the cab back in to them, or at least send them the blown driver first. Its a real pain in the patoot.

IMO, for a transporter cab, its not worth the hassle and expense. Go pick yourself up an Avatar 2x10, it will cost you about the same as monkeying with Hartke over that one cheap transporter cone.