1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blown Fuse in Cab no markings. Need some help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BlacknWhite, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys need some help. I have a SWR Triad bass cab with a clown fuse. Not use to having cabs with a Horn as I usually stay away from them lol. Anyways the blown fuse has no markings. Just wondering if if anyone knows what type I need. Would be greatly appreciated. Cab is a SWR Triad l, 4 ohms 400 watt. 20170919_112727.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    It’s not a fuse per se but usually an Auto lamp of one kind or another. That looks like an interior dome lamp to me. Go to an auto parts store and see if they can match it up.

3. Kro

Kro Formerly kap'n kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    May or may not be this exact model - but hopefully this page maybe helps you with your search:

"Speaker Crossover Tweeter Protector Lamp" from www.parts-express.com!

Edit: it seems like these are the deets from the Triad manual:

TWEETER PROTECTION CIRCUIT
    The tweeter protection circuit for SWR Professional Series speaker enclosures includes a size 3AG, 3 amp, 250 volt, fast-blo fuse. Do not replace this with a fuse of a higher rating as it will void your warranty.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  5. Kro

Kro Formerly kap'n kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'd still go that route for more instant gratification. Given the specs from the manual, armed with the "3AG, 3 amp, 250 volt" details, odds of finding one at an auto parts store are pretty good I'd think (edit: just checked a few websites, maybe not). Or Radio Shack. :crying:

6. Thanks guys. I walked into Canadian Tire and they were seriously the first thing I saw when I walked into the auto section. Too bad everything in life wasn't that easy lol! 20170919_155323.