Blown Markbass F1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b4zzman, Sep 23, 2015.

1. b4zzman

b4zzman

Sep 23, 2015
    So a few days ago I was playing a gig with my Markbass F1 amp and 2 speakers hooked up to it. Since my bass wasn't connected to the PA system I had to play pretty loud. And at one point the F1 decided to give up.

So back home I opened up the amp, finding 2 broken capacitors. The large 2200uF 100V ones in the amp section. I've just received two replacement capacitors in the hope of fixing the issue but after replacing them I'm still left with a broken amp.

Once I connect the mains I do hear the main transformer quietly humming a high pitched noise but other than that, nothing. I do have a small background in electrical engineering but not enough to figure out the problem myself.

I cannot find any diagrams online nor the meaning of the 2 led's on the board, which btw do not light up. I was hoping any of you guys had more information or tips regarding this problem.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Mark Bass schematics tend to be hard to find. In your place I would consider shipping the amp to Mark Bass for repair.

jnewmark likes this.
  3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    There are supposed to be repair centers in the USA; there was a list in a thread here not that long ago.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021