1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blown my amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chrispy212, Dec 31, 2006.

1. chrispy212

chrispy212

Dec 31, 2006
    I got an ashdown Perfect 10 Minirig for christmas, which, being a small-time teenage bassist, made one very happy :hyper:
    Now I've been playing in bands for about 3 years now, so Im no idot. But I today, after a good seesion with my band, went back in for a bit of practice. To my dismay, nothing, not a sound. The lights were on, but nobody was home. I ran each speaker off other instruments and they worked fine, and I switched all my cables, even the power cable. Stilll notta...
    So, what to do? If Im being an idot and there is already help for this on another thread, please direct me there, I did a search bt nothing relevant.
    I have contated tech support but I expect they'll send me a bunch of stock answers, and if I reply, they'll have me mail back to them. This is a beefy amp, and it's not going to walk its way to ireland.
    ANY help will be appreciated. I have no experience of this.

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Check to see if you're getting anything from the headphone output. My guess is that since when headphones are inserted it cuts output to the speakers, this is a likely point of failure. If you're not getting anything from the headphones, then double check the bass. Just putting a cable in and out of the input jack should give you a click or something in the headphones. Nothing from that and your input/output levels are up then you have a dead preamp or a blown fuse. Make sure the headphone jack isn't the problem by inserting and removing a couple times a set of headphones. I had a similar problem with a cell phone recently. If that doesn't work and the fuse is ok, then I'm out of ideas.

On a positive note, at least it didn't die when you were playing somewhere. Nah, the glass is half empty. It sucks that it died.

3. chrispy212

chrispy212

Dec 31, 2006
    Thanks for all your help. Well the headphones DO work, which is real odd, I expect it's something on the output part of the board that's gone. Still means I can't fix it myself, but at least I have an idea about what's going on. Will speak to ashdown or the supplier on tuesday and see what they reccomend.