1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blowtorch settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zachoff, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Just got a Blowtorch & played with it a bit last night. Got a tone that I think will work. Nice, sorta vintage (muffled) light fuzz...
    Vol: 2:00
    Bass: 12:00
    Mid: 12:00
    Treb: 9:00
    Blend: 3:00
    Gain: 9:00
    Torch is on...

Anyone have some good settings? This pedal seems to give more of a synthy fuzz than anything & I found the settings above work to mitigate that. Anyway, any of you have further input?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I haven't been able to get a single tone I liked out of this box.
    It seems well built and thought, I just can't stand how it sounds.
    Pretty much exactly the kind of distortion I dislike.

3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Good settings you say?

I would say OFF and completely removed from your pedalboard.

Sorry guy, much luck to you - but like the previous poster, I found nothing usable or redeeming about this pedal at all. Everything just sounded like fart.

4. brokencode

brokencode Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Allen, TX
    I'll have to try your settings... I was happy last gig with the settings below:
    Vol: 9:00
    Bass: 12:00
    Mid: 1:30
    Treb: 11:00
    Blend: 12:00
    Gain: 3:30
    Torch: Off

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Blowtorch tends to be a love it or hate it pedal it seems :D I love it- it's been my favorite fuzz for years. I go through the settings I use most often in my old Youtube demo of it:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021