Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blubrik 4-10 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I was reading about this cab on their website. Has anyone played thru these cabs? How do they compare with the Bad-end, Epifani, and Bergantino cabs? Thanks.

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I've played through them. They don't compare to the afore mentioned cabs. Very blah sounding and not great build quality.

3. brother bean

brother bean

May 23, 2003
    Dude, you got to be kidding. These cabs rock. Unbeleivable response and clarity. And solid built. They'll take a pretty good beating.

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    No, sorry, I'm not kidding. I live not too very far from where they are made and have a few friends that own them. I've owned or played through pretty much anything you can think of and can honestly say these cabs are not very impressive. They're not real expensive so they're not bad for the money but they are in no way the quality of a Berg, Epi, or Bag.

5. Nuggierox

Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    I cannot believe what I am seeing on this post! Peter Parker has told someone a lie somewhere, because when he tested out my blubrik 4x10 cabinet (against an Eden, through the same amp) he could not tell much sound difference and even talked about how sturdy the cab seemed to be. Now I don't know what has changed, but honestly ... Peter Parker ... I am more than disappointed, I am sadened by this post. If you truly felt that way about Blubrik Cabs then you should have said so when you tried mine out instead of lying to me. We have known each other a good while now and I just can't believe what I am seeing here ... it's mind boggling to hear you say one thing then turn around and say another.
    As far as the original post goes, I have never tried any of those cabinets mentioned before (because I trusted Peter Parker when he told me not to bother with them ... maybe that was a mistake) But I can say that I have used my Blubrik quite extensively and I love it ... more so than any Eden or ampeg I have ever owned. Plenty of clarity, good solid bottom end, clean highs (not to shrilly either) And plenty of power handling to take on the biggest of Gig challenges. I have used my Blubrik in everything from small clubs, to outdoor stages, to large auditoriums and I have always been able to hear my bass without killing my head unit, unlike the cabs I have used in the past that just never quite cut through. The only thing I didn't like about the cab was the grill, and Blubrik has been nice enough to upgrade my grill for free, which tells me they are dedicated to customer service as well as producing good quality cabs.

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Marshall, you're right we have known each other for a while, and yes, that's what I told you. The reason I told you that, besides being polite, was because you've been through so much gear the past few years and you seemed excited about the cab I didn't have the heart to tell you that it was just an OK cab. I'm glad you like it but I still don't believe it is on the same level of the afore mentioned cabs or the Eden we compared it against. It was very boomy in the lows and a little bland in the highs and the build quality had "garage assembly" written all over it. But take it easy, Marshall. You and I both are a couple of nobody's whose opinion's amount to nothing:)

7. I'm sure you had the best intentions in mind, Peter.

These cabinets are most likely an adequate bang-for-the-buck, but what were these guys thinking? Seriously? They would want to be REALLY DAMN GOOD before I start using a rig that could potentially get dubbed as :"the blubbering bass rig of death" , or perhaps I'm missing something. While they could have called them BlooBricks that would be equally silly. Hey, and no slight intended to the original posters choice of gear...

I'm not particularly image-conscious. I own a "Fafner" after all. As players don't we first look to something that either suggests big/strong/deep tonalities: "Big Ben", "Goliath", "Whappo Grande", etc. or is clearly identifiable as a brand having great sound (Ampeg, Acme, Aggie, Bergie, EBS Eden and onward through the alphabet)? These guys could use a first year marketing student really badly, because the first impression, the name itself suggests "garage-built" gear.

Sorry for the rant. :rolleyes:

8. Hmm, isn't is a bit odd that the two people who have come out to say "These cabs rock!" have both made precisely one TB post each? Weird...

Mike

9. Nuggierox

Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
  10. It's not very complicated, really. Folks' credibility is generally established by posting, and by being seen and known in the forum. Given how much they advertise online at Bassgear, it's odd that the only people who are coming out and praising them are folks who haven't said anything else about any of the thousands of other threads here on TB. That would make me a bit suspicious, except that Peter knows you, so presumably you're a "real person" and not merely a BluBrik rep trying to post as a "happy buyer". (I've seen that kind of thing happen elswhere.)

Mike

11. Nuggierox

Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    Point taken .... however if you still don't believe me I have pics of me with my cab on stage. Honestly I don't spend any time on message boards but this particular post was brought to my attention due to the fact that Peter Parker had posted negative comments after I had told a friend that he gave me some good comments. I didn't believe them until I read the post myself .. it is still shocking to me given the amount of trust I had in Peter Parker's advice prior to this posting.

12. Nope, I've got no reason not to believe you're who you say you are! But leaping in out of nowhere to make these kinds of statements in public is just a bit too "Ricki Lake" or "Jerry Springer", y'know? How shocking can it really be to find out someone made nice comments about your gear that they weren't 100% sincere about in order to be polite?

Mike

13. Nuggierox

Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    Very shocking considering the amount of trust I had in his opinion ... in the past he has been very honest about his critical analysis of gear no matter what the equipment was or who it's manufacturer is ... I just assumed that he was being honest yet again and this time he actually liked the cabinet. It might help to know that he works in a guitar shop that I have been a very loyal patron to when I needed equipment. I guess you just have to be in my shoes and know how it feels to know that someone you trusted to be honestl, lied to you ... and not know wheather or not that someone has been lying to you all along .. for unknown reasons? I dunno man ... it just hurt that someone I considered my friend would lie to my face ... then turn around and basicly bash my equipment in front of the entire world. But despite his (or anyone elses) opinion I still stand behind my Blubrik Cab implicitly because it has proven itself to be a good sounding cab (in my opinion) in all situations and has shown me how roadworthy this "Garage built" cab really is (I do close to 100 shows a year across the nation so I need it to be roadworthy). Further More (and more importantly) I will allow God's grace and forgiveness to flow through me to forgive Peter Parker because I still value his friendship and God wants me to be forgiving. :bassist:

14. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Marshall, lets put things in proper perspective. I've been nothing but honest with you when you've asked me questions about gear I've played and that you didn't OWN. You came to me excited about this cab that you already bought and I didn't like it. Given all the equipment you've gone through, and how many times did you have an Eden cab only to sell it and then regret it, I saw you happy with the cab and didn't see a reason to say anything negative. I'm a nice person, Marshall (how many times have I worked on your basses for free?) and I had nothing to gain from telling you I didn't like the cab. It's a fine cab but go back and read the very first post. A question was asked to compare Blubrick's to Bagend, Epifani, and Bergantino and that's exactly what I did as I've played through them all. Now reread my reply's, I don't exactly read that I'm bashing them. I said they were fine for the money.
    Marshall, you've never played through those other cabs to compare. I think you would see that I'm right if you get the chance. And also everyone should know that you are on Blubricks endorser list. No you don't get them for free but you do have a little invested in them. In fact, you decided to buy one before you had even heard it (I think mostly because he agreed to put you on his endorser list.) Again, I'm glad you like the cab. That's all that matters. You and I have totally different styles and go for a different sound. It shouldn't be a shock that we wouldn't like the same equipment. As for you forgiving me, no thanks. When I've done something that needs forgiving, I'll ask;)

15. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    This is a ridiculous thread.

What is it about these boards that makes peple think its an appropriate place to argue with one another?

I'm not a moderator, but please people, if you have a problem with someone, handle it through PM or private e-mail. No-one is really interested in reading an argument.

16. Nuggierox

Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    If you must know, I didn't agree to anything until after I had the chance to fully test out the cab. Matter of fact I invited you to come to that show so you could give me your opinion.

17. billys73

billys73

Apr 25, 2003
    Uhhhhh.....Where's the moderator?
    Let's get back to talking about gear.

18. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.