Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blue Dream- a round robin

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blademaster Dez, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Blademaster Dez

Blademaster Dez

May 12, 2004
    You all know how round robins work, right? Someone starts off a story, the next person adds on to it, the next person adds on to that, etc. I think round robins are loads of fun and thought I'd start one here.

Here goes:

CHARACTERS:
    Rex- plays guitar and sings for Blue Dream
    Jill- plays guitar and sings for Blue Dream
    Heather- plays keyboards for Blue Dream
    Kurt- plays bass for Blue Dream
    Mandy- plays drums for Blue Dream

The day had finally arrived! Blue Dream, a local rock band with a loyal following, was about to start its tour opening for a very well known rock band. Blue Dream's self-titled debut album was in stores, their song "Wide Awake" was on the radio, and if the tour went well, that would be the break the band needed to become famous.

Rex, Kurt, and Mandy were spending the morning loading their gear into a cargo van. "Where are Jill and Heather?" growled Rex. "They should be here by now. I know they can sometimes be scatterbrained, but this is ridiculous."

"Calm down, Rex," mused Mandy. "I'm sure there's a perfect explanation. I'll go call their cells and see what's up."

"Yeah, man. No sweat." offered Kurt. "This tour means as much to them as it does to us."

"You're right, Kurt," conceded Rex.

"No response from either," said Mandy. "I'm starting to worry. Those two NEVER turn their cell phones off. Something must've happened to them on the way over."

Before Rex could answer, there was a knock at the door. It was a strange man with an envelope. Rex took the envelope, opened it carefully and looked at the letter. It said...

2. His payment was wayyyy past due. Because Blue dream could no longer finacially support Rex, they had to let him go, and since he had no money, he was forced to eat they guitar that made him famous.

Then one day, he came across a certain eBay dot com. Since he had nothing to live for, and he now had no fans because...they forgot Blue Dream had a geetarist and singer, he decided to...

3. start a new band named Blue Dream. The played covers of hip hop songs, but they played them like country songs. They were having a hard time getting a good following....

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Do I remember right, you're the guy that plays for kindergarten kids? I think you've found your audience here in OT with some members :D :D :D :smug:

Sorry couldnt resist :smug:

5. Blademaster Dez

Blademaster Dez

May 12, 2004
    Out-of-story reply: Yes, I did play for my kindergarten class. Not any more, though, since I'm leaving my teacher's aide gig to go back to school. Still, kids are a tough audience. They're not afraid to speak their minds and are brutally honest at that age, so if you're not well prepared, they'll tear you apart.

Back to the story:

start a new band named Blue Dream. The played covers of hip hop songs, but they played them like country songs. They were having a hard time getting a good following....

My contribution: And for good reason. A lot of hip-hop fans didn't want to go to a show where there'd be white honkies and a lot of country fans didn't really want to be at a show with "ghetto folk." That and the remaining members of Blue Dream were angry at Rex for using that band name for his projects, so there was tension there as well. Rex, being a typical egocentric frontman, didn't want the name "Blue Dream" to be there without his face attached to it. Whereas the others in the band argued that there was a "Blue Dream" before Rex and there will be a "Blue Dream" after him.

Eventually the name dispute landed Rex in court with his former bandmates. After some jury deliberation, the verdict was in: The name now belonged to...

6. Becca.

THE END. or is it?.....