1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blue In Green (Video)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Me playing one of my absolute favorite jazz pieces. Blue in Green by Miles Davis. One of the most beautiful songs ever written? I think so :smug:

Played on my Kinal Kompact bass. E and A strings are Oliv Gut-Core Cello Strings. D and G are Thomastik-Infeld Acousticores. 50/50 mix of the piezo pickups and a mic'd signal. Added a couple little video effects to better suit the mood :cool: . Enjoy!

2. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    nice!!! I truly enjoyed that, thanks for sharing. amazing the tone you're getting with those cello strings - I gotta try that. what's the reason for the swap to acousticores halfway? clearer highs?

3. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Man, I was going through some really rough **** tonight and I was pretty down, and this video just matched my mood so well. I loved it.

4. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Brilliant tone you got there, really gets close to the sound of an upright while retaining its EBness. Great tune, great video.