Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blue Man Group - Complex Rock Show Live

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marlat, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay so I was bored yesterday and bought this DVD called "BLue Man Group" Complex Rock Show Live (or something similar) and I thought it was pretty cool. The music was kinda rocking and the weird pipe instruments etc sounded very cool.

Does anyone else listen to or go and see this band / outfit? I dont really know much about them other than I suspect they are a performance art group more than a "band" as such.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, they're more comedy performance art although I think they have several albums out and I want to say one was pretty highly lauded. Last I heard they had a standing engagement in Vegas. They have been in several Intel commercials here.

brad cook

3. There are actually a few rotating groups that perform in Boston, New York, and I THINK chicago, but the show in Vegas is different than the other venues.

Any one you see tho, is fantastic. The best theater experience I've ever had. The visual equivalent of an acid trip, I've been told.

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah, i've seen them in chicago. Absolutely mindblowing.

5. Yeah, an aquaintence of mine; a gent named Larry, who was the bass player for a great band named "Springhouse" was one of the musical directors for BMG.

I played a show in the Charles playhouse lounge in between acts 1 & 2 of a BMG show, and two of the Blue Men came down and did their head-bob dance to our tunes. I wish I had that on video....too funny.