1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blue or Amber Quilt basses for cheap??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickCormier, Dec 4, 2006.

1. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    Hey.. Im normally a guitar player, but I like to take a break from it sometimes with Bass.. I have a poopy Washburn xb120 which I wanna sell..

Anyways, What im looking for, is the cheapest place to get a Blue or amber quilt bass.. Photo or veneer finish most likely.. The reason I want this is because all my guitars have the same finish, and Im just trying to keep within the "code".. And its not like I play bass enough to really care alot about quality..

Anyways.. Im looking to spend hopefully no more than $200.. but I would like to buy used.. The classifieds are locked (i think its stupid to have to pay $20 to use them.. Jemsite/etc other guitar boards dont do that) so Cant really find any there..

Anyone have any suggestions/have one themselfs that they are looking to get rid of?

I know Dean Edge 1's are like $250 new, but Im hoping to get abit lower, preferably used like I said, if im gonna buy a super low quality one like that..

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hey, it costs money to keep a site running, and unless you want popups and banner ads EVERYWHERE, you have to pay to play here. It also helps weed out some sham sellers, because who is going to spend 20 bucks to screw maybe one person (because after that he is well known...).

You can buy here, you just can't post an ad yourself. Take a look on the classifieds, or take a look at www.rondomusic.net

3. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
    i wish i can find a dean edge 1 or peavey millenium used.. I need money for my custom guitar im getting made so cant really afford to spend $270 (shipped) for a cheap bass.. maybe if it was like a Dean edge 5, it would be worth it but for a low quality one, not really cool =/

if you wanna weed out spammers and scams, just do like JCF, make the members have to post at least 100, or something.. but not many other sites a manditory fees, not very fun =/

4. NickCormier

NickCormier

Dec 3, 2006
  5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Think about the fees on eBay. If you sell one moderately priced instrument here, you're still paying less than eBay fees and get to sell as much as you want for the next year free.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Like I said, man. You can buy here, just not sell. It really helps the site, and it's worth it for me! I have had some AWESOME deals here. It's worth it.

7. Pony up $20 and become a member. This is a great community and the benefits far outweigh the cost of four packs of smokes you'll be giving up.