Blue Oyster Cult Co-Founder Allen Lanier R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Rest in peace...good thing he didn't fear the reaper!

:bag:

3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I read this a few days ago, just terrible news. Don't smoke folks! I've been into them since their first album in 72 and first saw them in 74. Great keyboard player and guitarist as well, plus he wrote some fine songs. 40 years with BOC. Miss you Allen.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    One of my favorites and and an all-around cool guy. My wife (same age) put him in a bear hug some years ago at a local VB venue...'bout scared him to death! He will be missed.

Riis
    #1 BOC Fan

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    RIP.

6. Tx Basser

Tx Basser

Jul 21, 2012
    Texas
    Sad News indeed. I first saw BOC in 1974 at Texas Hall on the campus of UT Arlington. We had 1st row tickets. They put on a he77-u-va show. Of course, nobody stayed in their seat and we literally were up against the stage the whole show. (This was in the days before "security".) At the close of the show, the entire band, drummer included, played guitar to close out the show. I still have photos from that night and before they walked off stage, Buck Dharma leaned over and handed me a guitar pick. (Yes, I still have it.) I listened to BOC from their 1st album all throughout the 1970s. I ended up seeing BOC live several times in the 1970's. RIP Allen. and Thanks.

BOCpick1_zps848d9d44.jpg

BOCpick2_zpsbe485181.jpg

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021