Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BLUE STEEL

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rafterman, Jan 15, 2001.

1. i'm looking for new strings for my ibanez EX series and my friends are telling me that BLUE STEEL has got the best strings...but i don't kow what gauge i should get...can anyone gimme a few suggestions?

and just in case anyone needs to know, i play heavy rock, punk, and music like that...what gauge do i need?

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    You probably want a heavy gauge for your style of music.
    The biggest set of Blue Steels is 50-110.
    There are heavier sets.
    Rotosound RS66-LH stainless rounds run 65-130 :eek: .
    (don't bust your nut :p )

3. hold on!
    I found these strings to give you a more "mellow" tone, so they may not suit your sound. I have found DR lowriders to be versatile w/both brightness and warmth. I play mostly rock, some punk and a bit of slap, and these strings have done it for me...

4. gothbass

gothbass

Jan 15, 2001
    I play some rock, but mostly a lot of industrial type music. I have been using Blue Steels for about a year now and they are some of the best strings I have ever played on. They last virtually forever, I have had the same set of Blue Steels (55-105) on my bass since day one. They haven't suffered any loss of tonal clarity or sustain. Blue Steel definately get my vote. They are a bit more expensive than other strings on the market thought.